God has this way of putting people on my heart. I will be driving to work and all of sudden I will have some one weighing on my heart . . . out of the blue. I thank Him for trusting me to listen.
Two weeks ago God placed a teacher I work with Kelly Schuler on my heart as I was driving to work. I had no idea why but I decided I would send Kelly an email that I was thinking about her. Life continued on.
Today I read my school email and learned that Kelly's daughter, Lucy, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on Good Friday. Lucy has already begun her chemo treatments. Her website is http://www.lucillelorraine.com/. I ache for the Schuler's . . . I understand the uncertainity. I know that Kelly and Bruce will bear the brunt of this journey as I know that my parents have -- and not me.
I wish I could take on little Lucy's chemo instead. At times I struggle with survivor's guilt -- why has it been so easy for me? I have to immediately channel those feelings to God having a definite purpose for these events. That He is preparing me for holding someone's hand, that He is showing me how my mother has felt all her life, I know that there is a purpose. I just wish I could make everyone better. But I know, as Leita and I have been talking about our journeys and struggles with illness, we become the people of God has called us to be through the challenges, through the illnesses.
Leita is doing well. She is stuck in her house right now and experiences pain, but she is still upbeat and positive. I hope that she will write a book one day. Her words and her faith are beautiful and I wish she would share them with you!
So today, I thank you for reading and I ask you to check out Lucy's Website. I also ask that you would continue to pray for Leita and her healing.
With love,
s
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment