Yesterday, our wonderful photographer posted our engagement photos on her website. You should check them out; they are incredible. www.sweetcarolinephoto.com If you or anyone needs photos taken, Caroline is sooo talented and so pleasant! She listens and tweaks ideas! Caroline has a gift and we are so blessed that she is taking our wedding photos as well.
The wedding planning process is a wonderful one full of learning. It always comes back to what is important, really? And the answer to that question is the life-long commitment Eric and I are making to each other and the wonderful blessing of spending a life with someone you adore and who adores you. And the party that celebrates this blessing and commitment is really fun too -- BUT extra.
I have been reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. Thomas looks at marriage as a spiritual discipline not a path to happiness. I appreciate his realness. He helps put marriage in perspective.
"Marriage calls us to an entirely new and selfless life. . . I believe the primary purpose of marriage is to model God's love for his church. . . . The first purpose of marriage --beyond happiness, sexual expression, the bearing of children, companionship, mutual care and provision, or anything else -- is to please God."
If I enter my marriage with the mindset that my goal is to please God -- can you imagine how life changing that will be for Eric and I!
Anyway, just some thoughts.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment