Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2/2/2011






Stopping and smelling the roses!


                                     
Enjoying family on a walk!

MDACC has incredible roses!

The butterfly that had just come out of its chrysalis at the MDACC butterfly garden. 

23 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs Chidgey,

    I just wanted to let you know that the Rummele family has their thoughts and prayers with you. I truly applaud your ability to communicate with all us in such a difficult time. I hope that God shows us the ability to stay strong and faithful like yourself in such tough and enduring times. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

    Tom Rummele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweet Sarah:
    Your words are so good, you are so sweet and beautiful!!! I like the pictures.
    We are the Nacinovich family from MWE(Victoria is in 5Th grade now).
    We are thinking and praying for you every day,specially your esophagus to be healed.
    Love you, Maria and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Chidgey,

    I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and think of you often. I am in awe of your faithfulness and courage. Your words have certainly inspired and touched so many. I pray for your comfort and continues strength.

    Amanda Schulte (Will Schulte's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarah
    You are truly an inspiration to us all. We continue to pray earnestly for your healing

    Love and prayers, the Hares, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Sarah,

    You are certainly God's mouthpiece leading the army that God has raised up for you. I have been reading about Moses and the amazing miracle of crossing the Red Sea. You are like Moses so praying very diligently that we see the miracle of healing on this earth. You are an amazing young woman and my son is very very lucky to have met and married you. Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet friend, So happy to hear your voice & see your smile today. What great pictures! You continue to amaze me with your grace & faithfullness. I love your thoughts about the butterfly & it's journey to transformation. How true! Praying for your esophagus & the pain pump process. You are so loved- Hil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful post today Sarah. What beautiful pictures...both in photos and words...so open and available to be used by the Lord to touch and encourage us all.
    I smiled when you mentioned the woman from Mark5/Matthew 9 as she has been my mental picture of you since I entered your "army" in August. Continuing to join you in faith, hope and trust in our loving, miracle working God as I pray for you with thanksgiving daily. You are loved by so many, Sarah, even those of us you have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO touched by your words, Sarah. Praying for you daily.

    Lindsey Kirkendall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus himself must be in awe of his creation! I am so thankful for your strength and courage, daily, to endure this cross and share it with us. One of my favorite hymns is one I think of with you in mind..."Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place....I can feel his mighty power and his grace. I can feel the brush of angel wings, I see Glory on each face. Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place." We've never met, but I absolutely love you and will never cease praying.
    -Liz, San Antonio, TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard somewhere that the purest example of Jesus we can see is someone in the midst of suffering who can say, "Jesus, you are Lord, and you are the Father, and you are enough." Thank you for being Jesus to me today.

    A friend shared your blog with me, and I'm so glad they did. You have healed something in me without even knowing my name. A miracle will come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photos, Sarah! So good to see your smiling face and your beautiful family. Amazing how God surrounds us with such amazing people when we most need it, right? You are blessed with so many that adore you, including those of us that don't even know you very well. I hope you don't mind but I posted your blog on mine to ask for more prayer for you. I can't tell you how many of my friends and family members have been moved by your courage and faith. You are witnessing to so many right now, Sarah. You are such a treasure and I know God is smiling down at you. He must be so proud of your courageous battle. We all are. Praying without ceasing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the pictures :) Thanks for sharing! Praying for ease in eating as your esophagus heals. Also praying that the pain pump procedure goes perfectly on Friday morning. Thank you for giving us specific things to praying for. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. God is glorified and lifted up in you Sarah. You are his beautiful creation and you shine. I am praying for your throat, the pain pump, and all the emotions swirling around you. Be strong in him! Oh and I love the butterflies you have incubating in your room- so fun :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, you are so AMAZING!!!!! Every time I hear your voice or see your beautiful smile; I learn, I grow and I become inspired because of you. I will never stop praying for your miracle! Love you! Debbie (p.s.: Seeing Mason's, Michelle's and Grif's pictures hanging in your room seems so right! Being around you is exactly where they like to be.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah - YOU are the miracle. Your faith in and love for God and your husband and your friends, your shining smile and your exceptional spirit are wondrous to behold. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures! You're so lucky to have seen the butterfly hatch. I never have. You're so right about the symbolism.
    Thank you for this lovely post. I was thinking about you today as I read about all the many descendants of Jacob. I was thinking that you probably have just as many followers today. We come to check on you, and you inspire us with your words about God and we are able to pass your messages on to others in our daily lives. I can't imagine what the full trickle down is, but it's fun to think about!!
    love you and miss you so much,
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious Sarah, how encouraged I am to read your post today as well as the comments of your "army" of bloggers. Ellen Robinson, above, enlisted me as one of your prayer warriors, and we, your army, are continually encouraged by your Christ focused words and sweet spirit. The truth of Proverbs 3:32 is clearly seen in you; "God is intimate with the upright," and we, the troops, who see and hear evidence of that intimacy in every word you speak and write are blessed and challenged to press on in our own walk with the Lord.

    Praying for your healing from head to toe, esophagus, included.

    With love...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, so wonderful to hear your inspiring thoughts and comments.
    Thanks for the lovely pictures and for sharing with so many.
    Love you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah,

    You truly are an inspiration. Thank you for being such an amazing person. Praying for you daily. Michelle wants to come visit again soon.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah,
    Thank you for continuing to share your journey! YOU are a blessing to ME! I am praying for your healing - I want to see a miracle for you!
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures. You look wonderful. Love you and miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah-

    I have never met you but found your blog through my cousin's wife Lisa. She met your mom in her first years of teaching and speaks VERY highly of her. They have been on their own health journey with their little boy who has a heart defect and had open heart surgery last month. Many folks have been praying for them so she took the opportunity to ask for us to pray for you through her blog.

    I journeyed back with you to the beginning of your blog and have been watching your entries. I too am a newlywed and was diagnosed with a chronic illness last month after a year of not knowing why I was constantly sick.

    I just wanted to say thank you for being an example of Christ in the midst of suffering and a circumstance that you would NEVER choose for yourself! You have been a great encouragement to me these past few days and I'm so thankful Lisa shared about your journey on her blog.

    Thank you for speaking truth and I am praying for you in this hard season! You are a blessing to so many people and I can see how brightly you shine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah: Really enjoyed the time with you and Eric. You are both incredible, young Christians, and you are supported by an army of young 20-30 "somethings"!! As Eric's father, I am simply awestruck by the outpouring of love and compassion from your friends at Ecclesia! I felt blessed to be around them and help in the moving process (plus I felt needed because they don't know how to back up a two-wheeled trailer! (<:)). Praying that your recovery from the pain pump implantation goes well, and that you will get to go home to your new apartment soon. We love you! Dennis and Jean

    ReplyDelete