Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12/10


14 comments:

  1. Praying for your platelets sweet Sarah!! Will continue praying you can make it to San Antonio this weekend & spend some time relaxing with your family. Sending lots of love & prayers your way- Hil

    “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me sad to see you sad my dearest friend. Just know that I love you and I think about you often. We miss you at work very much, and realize daily how vital you are to us (specifically me and Delia). I will pray for your platelets, I promise.
    Love you!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sarah,
    We are glad you are better, and that your dad is with you.We are praying for you every day, and today specially for your platelets.
    Love,
    Maria & Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarah-I will pray for you and your platelets. I'm so happy that your Dad is there with you and helping give you some of that peace and love that comes from only a parent. Enjoy your time with him-keep talking, laughing and crying. He's there for you as well as all your friends that have visited. I understand your comment about feeling some loss of your old life and how your life has changed. Sometimes our journey takes a turn and you learn to believe and accept the "new" person you are becoming. Really-I still think we are always that child at heart and our family, especially our parents, give us that strength and love to keep moving forward on our journey. That love keeps us grounded and laughing through the ups and downs. Sending blessings your way-Love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah,
    Thank you for faithfully sharing your heart with us. You are so sweet to share those really hard tender moments. It feels right for you to let us cry with you though.
    My youngest is going through a really hard time lately. She has moments where her worries turn into little panic attacks. We talked about you this morning. We talked about how you are battling this cancer and yet you find so many things to be thankful for in the midst of something that you could let swallow you up. My daughter came home from school saying she did better today. She thought about you. She fought the scary thoughts by remembering good ones. Thank you for being a firefly for my daughter. She had strength because you have it.
    We are faithfully praying for healing and thanking the Lord for the heart He's given you.
    Love, Linda and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Sarah,

    We prayed for your platelets in small group tonight :-) Sorry about my text going to the wrong person earlier *wink* but just let it be a reminder to you that so many are concerned for you and asking specifically what to pray for--and they are praying daily.

    We love you. I hope you get to go home this weekend--will be praying for that tonight as I try to fall asleep.

    HK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,

    I've been reading your blog for a week or so now and you have been very present in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying for your platelets and that you get to go home this weekend.

    Also thank you for being you - in the short time I've seen a glimpse of your world through this blog, I've been amazed at this woman I see - full of beauty, grace, and most of all faith. You are teaching more than you could possibly ever know, and shining so so bright in a world that is often so dark. You are teaching others to shine bright as well.

    You aren't fighting this battle quietly, or alone. My sister's family lives in San Antonio and she heard about you from two completely different people/families, and then was shocked to see I posted on my blog asking for prayers for you - that just goes to show what a mark you are making on this world and how awe-inspiring you have been.

    Prayers for platelets and home,
    Kathleen Woodhead

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still praying for you, sweet girl.
    I love reading everyone's comments to you. This is why I adore you so much. Complete strangers see what I see-- that you are so true blue, faithful, honest, and genuinely caring about the world and the people in it that you wear it on your sleeve. These are such amazing qualities in a person, and you most certainly possess all of them. I hate to see you down, but as I've said before, it's normal, and I'm glad you're getting it out. I love the fact that you mentioned you're just emotional and would cry even if you didn't have cancer...I (and I would imagine most girls) can so relate to that! Anyways, in all seriousness, you are in my prayers tonight, and I love you. Sweet dreams firely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you!!!!!! Griffin, Debbie and the rest of the Green Gang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be praying for your platelet count to rise and God's healing hand to touch you! Even when you are struggling through the emotions, you are shining bright to the rest of us :) We love you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sarah
    Praying for those platelets to rise.You still shine bright for us even when you are low and it is fine to be emotional.

    As ever you remain in our thoughts and prayers.

    Penny,Ray & Jack Hare, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Sarah, reading your blog everyday and have shared it with friends who read and pray. It is a humbling honor to pray for you. Through your blog, you are my God moment every day. Prayed for your platelet count to rise and rise and for you to visit SA with a great platelet count. Thank you for your blog. It is a priceless blessing to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sarah...prayers continue for you and your family especially for platelets to be okay so you can visit San Antonio this week end. Am so glad your dad is there....know how comforting it is to have family surround you at this time. Cry when you need to....releases stress and allows you to again move forward. Rest as often as you need to too! Both are healing!! Your blog is an incredible praise to our God who cares for us all. Continue this journey with grace and love. Blessings, Ricki Brady (San Antonio cancer survivor and friend of your parents)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah,
    When my loved ones were going through cancer treatment, I used to feel guilty if I had sad/mad/confused feelings. I guess I thought God would think I didn't have enough faith. I finally realized God didn't only accept my feelings, but He expected me to have those feelings. All I had to do to show my faith was to turn those feelings over to Him. He could handle it all. Hang in there and let God, your friends, and your family provide you with support.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete