Hello, all. I hope that this Wednesday finds you well. I am doing well emotionally. I am not allowing my mind to wander to dark places as the pain still lingers from my hips to my upper chest. I will be meeting with my oncologist tomorrow and we will work on a pain management plan among preparations for my fourth round of chemo. Yay, fourth round!
One thing I have noticed with this pain, maybe some of you can relate, is that I tend to react quickly and at times sharply in situations. When I say sharp, I definitely don't mean with intelligence. Pain has the ability to change someone's personality because it causes so much hurt. In the midst of this situation, I am working through the pain and the "sharpness" that sputters out of my mouth if I am not careful.
Last night at small group we were finishing up James 4: 13-17. In a nutshell, this section is about the importance of following God's will in your life. At times, especially when we are seeing success, we tend to leave God out of our plans. We often say that we are going to do this and that over the next year and in reality all we know is the present day. As you all know, Eric and I know fully what this passage means. We had plans for our marriage celebration and for the first year of marriage, but obviously those plans have changed and changed again. As my father says: the one thing we can count on is that our plans will change. :o) God is fully in control of our life. We know this. Being in such a desperate situation allows a person to choose bitterness and denial or joy and a conquering heart. Eric and I choose the latter with God leading our way.
James 4: 15 It would be best to say, "If it is the Lord's will and we live long enough, we hope to do this project or pursue this dream."
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Somehow the comment I posted yesterday isn't there but wanted you to know I have been praying diligently for you both in this season. Beth Moore's comment on trials: you can't refuse the fire but you can refuse the refining. Praying for you both thru this very difficult refining process.Praying for pease and freedom from fear which is hard at times because it can sneak up on you and take over. Praying for relief from pain and healing. love you.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you personally but I heard about your trials through a friend of mine that attends your church. My husband and I have been praying for your healing almost every night since a few days after you and Eric got married. You have been an inspiration to our prayer life which was almost nonexistent before hearing about your illness. Thank you for sharing your faith and being exactly who God wants you to be. We continue to pray for you and Eric and for healing of your illness. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteGod is using you and Eric mightily! Remember, God has you in the palm of His hand--even in the tough times. Praying for you every day.
ReplyDeleteSweet Sarah,
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me of what we talked about in small group on Tuesday night. I needed to hear those words again :-) Your faith amidst this very hard time in your life is astounding and I could only hope to be so faithful.
Love you and am praying daily for you, dear friend.
HK
Dearest Sarah
ReplyDeleteYou are as ever a true inspiration. Both you and Eric are in our thoughts everyday, though we have nver met and as you remain as ever in all our prayers. The prayer group at my church here in England will offer up special prayers for easing of your current pain and tranquility as you go into this your fourth round of chemo on Thursday.
Shine Bright Firefly, shine bright
Penny, Ray and Jack Hare, Brighton, England
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteYou have outdone yourself with this post. I see so much and feel so much of what you are saying. I despise the "sharpness" that seems to come up from surprise places I can't seem to find. As I continue to pray for myself to have more control over my reactions to pain, I lift you and your 'sharpness to Him.
Much Love,
Leita
As another follower who does not know you, the light of God shines through you. I love lifting you to the Lord in prayer, and follow your blog faithfully in order to do so in specific ways. Praying for the pain to subside, and for God's perfect healing to be yours.
ReplyDeleteLeslie
P.S. When your platelet count rose to a good level, I leaped from my chair and work and cheered!