Happy New Year! I hope that 2011 will bring all of us much to celebrate and to learn. I pray that God Moments would fill each of our days abundantly.
Today was my first day to be home without the lovely assistance of my parents. Since my fatigue is still bothering me, Eric drove me early to my get blood drawn for labs. On the way back, we decided to stop and eat breakfast. And then off to work my sweet Eric went.
My left foot has started to emerge it's ugly head and hurt again. Please pray that my medicines would keep the pain under control.
Unfortunately I learned from my blood results that my hemoglobin level was a 7.0 today. Anything lower than this must be transfused; I opted to be transfused as I have been feeling so tired and sleepy the past week. I thought my transfusion would take place in the afternoon. I answered the MDACC phone call -- "8 PM tonight; Are you serious?" of course was my response to the late appointment time they had given me. Apparently due to the holiday break appointments are hard to come by. I need 2 units transfused which take about 2.5 hours each. There is a 2 hour waiting time to get the correct blood. I think that I might have skipped the wait time since my appointment is at 8 PM and they could have been working on it all along. Let's hope!
I miss you all! I hope you all enjoy a wonderful work week! I wish all my students (ALL of the children out there) a wonderful week back at school!
Shine bright, firefly, shine bright!
Just some thoughts . . .
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

May you be out of there in no time! With love and prayers as you shine bright. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your horribly inconvenient appointment tonight. I'll be thinking about you. You've got enough to deal with--is pain really necessary? I'm praying so hard for that to stop. I enjoyed our lunch together today "in spirit"! Love you, friend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteWith an appointment that late you'll be able to shine your firefly light all the way to Colorado!! ...where you and Eric should think about moving!...haha I'm not going to give up!! Love you!!
ReplyDeletePraying for rapid service tonight! I am glad your levels dropped low enough for a transfusion. I bet you will feel so much better. Continued prayers my dear. much love
ReplyDeleteI thought about you a lot today, as we went through our training this morning and worked at school in the afternoon. You are missed my Sarah, very much.
ReplyDeleteYou're in my prayers tonight.
Stay strong and remember there's lots of love for you out here.
Charlotte
Just read this (Jan 4) and I am praying that this day finds you feeling energized after the transfusion, making the inconvenient time table worthwhile. I will be praying against the pain. I hope you can feel the prayers, not only the ones of the people who know you and so dearly love you, but those from this huge collection of people who have never met you but have been led to pray for you, and love you for that.
ReplyDelete