Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GREAT News!

In complete adoration, I praise my Father in Heaven. 

Psalm 145

You have been on journey with me full of highs and lows, of unknowns and truths, and of praise and petition.  Today I come to you with wonderful news.  News that would not have been possible without you constant prayers.  I truly believe God intervened in so many ways.  I am still in the midst of meditating on His awesome works, but I have to share with you and proclaim His goodness.

Today I spoke with Dr. Lin, my surgeon from MD Anderson, and he verified that all of the new tests show that the cancer has NOT spread.  Because the cancer has not spread, is superficial, and small, the Sarcoma Conference decided that neither chemotherapy nor radiation would be necessary.  NEITHER!  However, had my cancer been the Extraskeletal Ewing's Sarcoma that was first diagnosed, it would have required chemotherapy.  I account this good news to God answering prayers and holding me tight.

This is a huge relief and PRAISE.  I asked God, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.  Yet not as I will, but as you will."  The cup has been taken from me.

I will have surgery to remove all of the cells that are malignant until there are clear margins.  This will most likely occur in the next month.  Dr. Lin said he could schedule it next week, but he would feel better if there was a plastic surgeon standing by if they have to use a skin graft to close the incision.  Plastic surgeons are busy and Dr. Lin thinks it could take a month for it to be scheduled.  He is not worried about waiting until then.  After the surgery, I will have routine observations to monitor the area.

There is one concern; he thinks that I might have a blood clot in my right shoulder.  Tomorrow I will go for an ultrasound at 8:30 AM to see if that is the case or if I just have a narrow vein.  If it is a blood clot, then I will start blood thinners by injection daily.  Really no big deal -- compared to what I what I was up against.

I will continue to keep you updated.  Again thank you for your concern and you love and your intercession.

With love, hugs and gratitude,
s

6 comments:

  1. Praise to God, I am so happy for you Sarah and my sister, your whole family including me!!! You deserve a miracle but it doesn't always mean you're getting one! We are having a great time in Telluride, everybody out but meo--came in to cook and saw the great news!!!!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Love you, MIchelle, et. al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Couldn't be happier to read that. Will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing but not unbelievable because you deserve this miracle and many more. My prayers and thoughts are with you now. We can move mountains with faith, and WE will.

    Leita

    ReplyDelete
  4. praising God with YOu!!!!!!! and the trees of the fields will clap their hands! You are on the mountain top. Enjoy the view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers have always been with you. Your news gladdens my heart. Take care.
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read the news earlier and just so happy for you, Sarah! Kathy

    ReplyDelete