Monday, March 8, 2010

MD Anderson: First Appointment

One word to describe the experience:  overwhelming

Everyone was as nice as could be, but it took its toll on me.  Eric and I arrived at 12:30 PM and did not leave until 5:30.  There was lots of waiting . . .

We met my nurse, my PA, and my doctor.  Everything is still the same.  I had blood drawn today and had another chest x-ray taken.  Tomorrow I will have a CT Scan at 6:30 AM and then an MRI Wednesday night at 8:30 PM.  Dr. Lin and his team will decide how they will treat me next Tuesday and then I will receive a phone call . . .  yes, a phone call on March 16th or 17th.  (At least I won't have to deal with parking at the Med Center)  And then we will schedule the next step in this journey.

That's all I've got on this end . . . thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. PRaying for both you and Leita . Amazing that the same arms holding her are holding you and millions others and he hears all our prayers. Thank you for sharing about your friend. Amy H

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to be here... with MD Anderson just the natural place to go we almost forget it is the best of the best. I have been thinking of you and praying often. This blog is so nice to get updates from. Let us know how tonight goes. I know it is no fun getting tests and waiting on phone calls. Know that I wait with you to hear what the next steps will be and how best to pray and support you for your next leg in the journey. You are loved.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8:20 Wed. night and praying for you. Amy H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean and I are new to "blogging", but we just wanted you to know that we are praying for you...., for courage, for strength, and for peace. We are also praying for the physicians and medical professionals who will "weigh in" on this whole process. We appreciate this opportunity to pray and offer any "morale assistance" we can! Dennis and Jean

    ReplyDelete