I received the final diagnosis from MD Anderson this week and all I could do was laugh. Yes, laugh.
Final Diagnosis: Unclassified High Grade Sarcoma
Yes, I am so unique that they do not even have a name for the type of sarcoma that I have.
Nothing has really changed with that final diagnosis. It is no better or worse. It just is. But the GOOD NEWS is that I have my first appointment at MD Anderson on Monday, March 8th. I will be seeing Dr. Patrick Lin, who just so happened to do his residency at UNC Chapel Hill Hospital were my sister is currently doing her residency! I have to say I felt relieved when I read that because I felt some sort of connection to Dr. Lin.
My referral nurse, Janice, has been so helpful and has made my transition from Dr. Lou’s office to MD Anderson an easy one. She has been so nice and comforting on the phone.
Just some thoughts . . .
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sarah. This is the first I have heard of this. I want you to know that I am praying for you and your health and for much laughter.
ReplyDeleteGod is all over you, my friend.
Glad you started the blog. Praying for you! - Mitzi
ReplyDeleteSarah. Thanks for doing this. Praying for God to continue to transform you into that beautiful butterfly as you journey down this path. Amy H.
ReplyDeletethanks for doing this Sarah. Praying God will continue his transformation into that beautiful butterfly as you journey down this path.
ReplyDeleteSarah-
ReplyDeleteYou are in really good hands if you are going to MD Anderson. I'm glad for your connection to your doctor, but they are all incredible there. Sometimes it's a hassle to go to such a big, busy place, but they really know what they are doing.
Laughter is very good for you, so I'm glad you are laughing. Anything you can laugh at diminishes it, and there are really good biological things that happen in your body when you laugh. Of course prayer is also very beneficial and I will be one of many who are praying for you.
Blessings,
Bonnie
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteJust remember "With God all things are possible!" I will continue to keep you in my prayers and on my ACTS ministry's prayer list. I will continue to pray that God heal you and be with you on your journey.
Love and hugs,
Michelle
(Your mom's dear friend)