Thursday, March 25, 2010

Surgery Date is Set

I have more appointments next week. I will have blood work done again, meet with my orthopedic surgeon, meet with my anesthesiologist, and fill out my pre-op paperwork.

My surgery will be at MD Anderson on Thursday, April 1st.  My parents will be coming in to support me, and they will be here for me however I need them.  They are wonderful!

Love,
s

2 comments:

  1. Sarah: Just wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your forthright and informative blogs. We are continuing to pray for you. May God grant you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. And I want to see a bulging triceps muscle on that arm the next time I see you!! (maybe bigger than Eric's!). Ha! Dennis and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you may or may not remember me as we only meet a few times at random small groups. I just got word from Elizabeth Hatfield about all this and am just now getting caught up. As you may have heard I was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma last July after a surgeon incidentally found a tumor the size of a grapefruit in my abdomen. I started out at MD Anderson and I can relate to all your feelings of being overwhelmed by the place. I promise that once you figure it out it is one of the most amazing places to be.
    Unfortunately, my cancer spread in October of last year prompting the need for long term treatment (chemo, transplants, radiation, oral meds, etc.) I am as close to my parents as it sounds like you are to yours so I made the decision to move home to Seattle to endure this journey with close support.
    My goal in telling you all this isn't to burden you, but if you would find some comfort in talking to another person who can share some of your thoughts in the ways that others have not had to contemplate, I am here for you. I'm sorry we didn't become better friends during my time in Houston, but you will be constantly on my heart and in my prayers. I love you dear sister in Christ.
    Chelsea Batchelder
    cebatch@gmail.com
    (206) 291-2948

    ReplyDelete