Thursday, March 18, 2010

Still in Awe . . .

I wanted to thank you for your prayers for my dear friend Leita.  It has truly been a blessing to be able to share my experience with her and for her to share with me.  It is amazing how hard circumstances have the ability to pull people together again. 

Leita is out the hospital and hopefully flying home to San Antonio today.  The travel has been hard on her body, but she has such a brillant attitude!  She is slowly introducing new foods into her diet and has not thrown up!  It is wonderful!  Just imagine for a minute reexperiencing food again . . . the tastes, the textures, the smells . . . It is a miracle. 

Today I had my ultrasound and they did not find any blood clots!  Woohoo!  But just remember, I am bit unique.  So instead they discovered that I have positional thrombosis.  From what I gather, it just means that when I put my arms over my head the vein constricts and very little blood can flow through.  This can cause me to be light headed.   It is rare and they decided to take a video of my vein as I moved my arm up and down.  I felt pretty proud that I could help develop the minds of medical professionals with my weird-ness.

And the second best advice I have received, "Do not walk around with your hands over your head." 

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like "warning do not close this stroller with baby in it"

    ReplyDelete