Tuesday, March 9th: The Early Bird Gets the CT Scan -- On Time!
Eric so wonderfully took me to my scan at 6 AM. Everything went well; my nurse was very friendly and made me feel at ease for my first CT Scan. Really she made all of the difference. The contrast that they put in my veins was uncomfortable, but it didn't take long. After my scan, I went into work. I work for an amazing school. My administrators have been so helpful and the teachers have been so supportive. One of our teachers covered my class until I made it back to school. (This is just one of so many ways they have helped me.) I am truly blessed.
Wednesday, March 10th: Leita's Surgery
Leita had her surgery yesterday. There were some disappointments but also some victories. Please continue to pray for her healing and for her pain to get under control. Also pray for the doctors and hospital staff involved - that they would find ways to work together to help Leita. She is truly amazing; she emailed me asking me about how I was doing just hours after her surgery.
Leita = Self-less.
Wednesday, March 10th: The MRI: hmmm . . . the last appointment for the night
My wonderful friend Elizabeth took me to my MRI at 8 PM. I later found out that she had a test on Thursday, but she so kindly failed to mention that when I asked her the night before :o).
Unfortunately, I had an unpleasant experience with the intake administrative staff member. -- Something about my medical ID number and memorizing it -- Anyway, my MRI technician was WONDERFUL. She took very good care of me. When I was being pushed into the machine, all of my padding smooshed my face; it was AWESOME! She pulled me back out, and I laughed and laughed. It was perfect timing for comic relief. When I came out of the MRI room, Elizabeth was sitting in the back. Apparently the administrative staff wanted to go home and she was the only one left so they told her to go to the back. MD Anderson was completely silent when we left . . . kind of creepy. I was glad to have someone with me! I walked into my house at 11:45 PM knowing that I needed to get some rest for school the next day. Instead of going straight to bed, I got on my computer and booked a flight to North Carolina to leave Friday. My parents had already planned on visiting my sister and I just decided that I wanted to be there too. I am in much need of some love from my mom, dad, and Booke.
Stay Tuned for Treatment News -- Coming to a Computer Near You Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello, Princess (that's what Sarah means...trust, me I know - I've been trying to get J to call me that for years now :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you took off to hang with your fam! Just wanted you to know J and I are thinking, praying, and loving over you back here in the concrete jungle :-) Enjoy your break and please, please, please let us know when we can help with appointments and what not.
Love you!
SdJ
Glad to hear that is over, and that you are with your family over Spring Break. Today Steve & Lily played at church... and during communion they played this song about healing. I am so sorry I do not have the lyrics... I tried to look them up but I honestly do not have that much info on them. Anyway, Eric just happened to be handing out communion when they sang it... I think I saw in his face that the song was hitting him. And so I started praying for you. It was an amazing song and I promise to find the lyrics. I just wanted to claim it for you! And let you know it felt like a profound moment. More later. Love, Kathy
ReplyDeleteOK it was not Steve & Lily it was Matthew & Lizi. I am a big dork, forgive me. The song is named Healer. I can not find the lyrics but I will just buy it for you on itunes for you to listen. It is beautiful and made me think of you & seems to fit your most recent post. Love, Kathy
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarah and Kathy AND Everyone who takes the time to read my blog. You are so kind. Kathy, I bought the CD today -- beat you to it! After reading your comments, I knew I wanted it. All of their songs are beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for keeping me close to your heart.
ReplyDeleteLove,
s