Today I went to see my plastic surgeon at MD Anderson. Eric came with me to be another set of ears. I really appreciated him being there. MD Anderson never ceases to be intimidating. I have uncovered some parking techniques and elevator knowledge that helps me zip right in . . . but I never seem to know how to get out. :o)
Dr. Adelman seems like a good surgeon; he was informative and laughed at my jokes. He definitely had a nice bedside manner. He basically told Eric and I what his role might be during my next surgery.
Plan A: Nothing, my orthopedic surgeon will remove the cancer cells and close up the arm
Plan B: He will move around some arm tissue and close the incision
Plan C: Create a skin graft, remove skin from my groin or upper thigh and move it to my arm -- my arm would have to stay immobile 7 days for the graft to take
Plan D: Move muscle from my back to my arm -- if so much is removed they need more tissue
He most likely thinks it will be A or B but he wanted to give me the other two options just in case.
I will have a pre-op appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Lin, and then an appointment with my anesthesiologist. Surgery is tentatively set for next Thursday, April 1st. hmmm... april fools. But it is also Maundy Thursday so I think they will balance each other out!
Thanks for reading,
s
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like plan A... if I have any say in the matter. :) Kathy
ReplyDelete