As you all know by know, I am very open person and share my heart freely. I have been blessed with vulnerability. I am thankful for this blog. I am thankful for this journey that I am on.
Yesterday I learned that my friend Leita from high school has been dealing with Gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach muscles) for 2 years. She read my blog and shared her amazing journey with me and offered any support she could give me . . . because that is who she is -- a giving person.
Today I ask that you would boldly pray for Leita. Gastroparesis has no cure. Wednesday she has a surgery to put in a gastric pacemaker -- it is their last known option. Please divert the prayers for me today to Miss Leita.
------
Here are some words she shared with me (I asked if I could share them):
Things started off bad and have just gotten worse. The good news is that it has been the opposite mentally for me, I simply started off in despair and have grown into a fully trusting follower who knows God is at work. I fly out today for El Paso to get a gastric pacemaker put in on Wednesday. I have been working with this amazing doctor since last July, and we are finally doing this new procedure. Gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach muscles) has no cure and this is the last method of help, if it doesn't work than you are pretty much stuck on your feeding tube until research catches up. . .
I just want to explain that what your going through is different than me in many ways but there are some things you are going through which I understand that others might not. I am not thankful for my illness because well it has me living in a bed, but I am thankful for the lessons I have learned which people our age dont for a long time. I like who I am characteristically now much more than I did the well person.
-------
And she is right her situation is much different. PLEASE PRAY FOR LEITA. What a dear heart to reach out to me when she has so much going on right now. I am so thankful for her and what she is learning. I am inspired by her journey and I hope you will be too.
Just some thoughts on a rainy Monday in Houston . . .
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

praying for her. Her name is beautiful and I am sure she is too.
ReplyDeleteKathy