Monday, January 31, 2011

1/31/11

24 comments:

  1. Precious words from you on hope, God's throne, Sarah and Abraham's example and a grateful, thankful heart. You are a living testimony of Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." 2 Cor. 3:2-3 also describes you, sweet Sarah, for "You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."

    With love and prayers by faith to our heavenly Father who is indeed on His throne, continuing to work miracles in our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,
    We don't know each other, but I was asked to pray for you by a close friend of yours. I hope my prayers bring you comfort & the health you deserve. You speak of hope, beauty, & love of family & friends in such a marvelous way. May God bless you now & forever!
    Love, David H. Leland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sarah,
    This glorious post today is such a beautiful testimony. I adored every word of it. I have already prayed for your throat to be healed and your platelet count to rise, rise, rise. I believe God wants you well, and I am praising Him for healing you through his son Jesus, who took our infirmities on the cross.

    Thank you for posting. I assure you that hundreds of us, who have never met you, await each post.

    Love to you,

    Leslie Plasters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sweet Sarah:
    Thank you for your wonderful words.You are so beautiful inside and out.
    We are thinking and praying for your total healing every day. Now specially for your throat to be healed and your platelet count to rise.
    Thank you for the update, we are waiting for it every day.Love,Maria and Nacinovich Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you are a LIGHT in this dark world and you just RADIATE our Lord Jesus with such beauty and grace. I know He is delighted and glorified in your faith, hope, and trust. I love you and I am fervently and passionately praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I am so humbled and encouraged by your words. Your testimony of faith and hope is such a beautiful testimony to God. I am praying for you. You are a so beautiful, inside and out.

    Christyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, sweet Sarah, for the beautiful reflection you are of His love and light. I completely agree with my friend Mary Nelson's post, above. You shine with hope and faith...and we stand with you in both. Abraham and Sarah have recently been on my mind as well. It seems to me that the Lord waited until there could be no explanation for Isaac's birth but a miracle from Him. Gen 18:14 sums it up, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" The gospels are also filled with the same..."Nothing is impossible with God". So yes, we do have faith and hope in our miracle working God. Praying for you daily with thanksgiving, trusting Him with you and sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an absolutely, amazing young woman, Sarah. I will pray that your platelet count continues to go up and that your ability to swallow improves. I will pray that God provide a miracle and deliver you from this disease.
    Love and hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Sarah, What a beautiful post. Our Savior is alive and He is so good. I see the holy spirit alive and dwelling in you - you are a light on top of the hill for all to see.
    Praying for your platelets, praying for you esophagus, praying for strength for today, praying for a miracle with an eager and hopeful heart.
    Sending lots of love and many prayers from Alabama,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. dearest Sarah,
    You are so inspiring and encouraging in the midst of your struggles. What a wonderful blog today. Thank you so much for still blogging! I have so been praying God would give you hope so praising him that he is answering. Today I was led to Ex 14:13-14
    But Moses told the people "Don't be afraid, just stand where you are and watch the LORD rescue you. The egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in your defense!"

    The Egytians for you is your cancer so I am praying and believing this for you!! So praying and praying for you!! much love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah,
    I love what you shared today! It just confirms that God is at work within your body by His Spirit as we all surround you in prayer and as you stand firm. I was thinking and praying last night, and thought it is no coincidence that your name is Sarah. Hebrews 11:11 "By faith even Sarah herself received power to conceive seed when she was past age, since SHE COUNTED HIM FAITHFUL WHO HAS PROMISED." I stand with you, my sister, as one who knows that CHRIST is healer and deliverer of cancer! I am earnestly praying, and know that you are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses! I love you! -Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy,
    this is a wonderful post from you. your sweet bright smile encouraged me in life. your words were life giving and true. thank you so much. you are strong in spirit and i know that God makes you that way. we continue to pray for you in abilene, texas!! sweet dreams..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah,
    I too am a follower who you've never met. But that seems a trivial detail, because it is God in you that makes us know we love you and feel so connected to you. Your thoughts and testimonies are so important and real and heart-penetrating. I am so thankful for you. Your message of hope and being aware of the presence of momentary miracles has filled my heart to over-flowing. You are grace defined. With love and admiration, and expectant prayer for a healing miracle,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came to your blog through a coworker, and you have been on my mind. I pray for your comfort and thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to this stranger :)

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sarah,
    Thank you for sharing the good news of the gospel. I have also been prompted by my circumstances to live one day at a time and it has opened my eyes to the reality that -that is all I have ever had. It is easy for me to find comfort in some "plan" i have in my head of what I will be doing tomorrow and next month and so on, but God has shown me that he is present now, and I am called to live in this very moment with HIM without any assurance of what I think will come. It is then that I must rest in God's plan for me and remember that he plans to prosper me and to give me hope and a future.
    Praying continually for you.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah,

    I loved your post today and treasured every one of your words. Your story of Sarah and Abraham was so applicable and it just confirms how powerful our Lord is. I am continually praying for your hope and healing and will specifically be praying for your throat and platelet count to rise. You are an inspiration beyond words.

    Sending love and hugs from Dallas,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sarah
    As ever you are a complete inspiration to us all. We continue to send healing prayers especially for you throat at this time.

    Penny, Ray and Jack Hare, Brighton,England

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarah, I have commented once or twice before, and I don't know you personally but I have been following your blog daily and praying for you continuously since August. This post is so beautiful, your faith is so inspiring, and I have every hope and confidence that the Lord will restore you and give you back a body that matches your energetic and faithful heart. Hope IS such a beautiful thing.
    -Claire in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah,
    I wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. You have an amazing faith and hope that is so inspiring.

    Taylor Davis Clark

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, this was such an inspiring reminder. I will continue to pray for healing, peace, strength and endurance through all of this. Thank you again for teaching me and reminding me of God's glory time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sarah,

    This is Cinthia Chen. I don't know if you remember me, but I taught with you for a little while at Thornwood before you moved to Meadowood. Some of the TWE teachers have heard and are sharing your story - that's how I found your blog. I've often thought about you and wondered how you were doing. :) From the very first time we met Sarah, you blessed and encouraged me with your smile, gentleness and love and faith in the Lord. You are a woman of great faith Sarah, and God is using your life for His glory. I am praying for you and sending lots of love your way!

    Cinthia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah, What an appropriate name. God's princess. Thank you so much for letting your light shine before men and for glorifying your Heavenly Father as you suffer with such grace and dignity. You don't know me personally, but I am one of your father's co-workers. I have been praying for you since I understood what was happening. I am amazed that God has allowed me to witness such a beautiful reflection of His glory and grace. Keep glowing. You are in my prayers. O and I don't know if you know it, but you won first place in the photography contest! Congratulations! You are a winner in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah, you ARE a symbol of hope. Just a beautiful soul. I was so happy to see you on Sunday. I'm sorry that I cried. I didn't want to make you sad. I was just so happy to see you in good spirits. I do believe it's going to take a lot more to shake you :) There was so much I wanted to say to you but I didn't. I wanted to tell you, the photo album I made for you and Eric. I prayed over it until I finished. I could feel the Lord with me as I laid each picture. I felt the love you and Eric share and I guess that is why I cried. Your bond is beyond words and I do believe LOVE and HOPE can conquer all! If everyone had your strength, this world would be a better place. God is good and he will fight this journey with you. You are a good, strong and beautiful woman and I'm praying, dreaming and hoping right along side you and your family!!
    All my love and blessings to you,
    Angela Ferrer
    713.202.2013

    P.S. I meant to tell you and your friends. I know you have an amazing support group but if there is anything I can do, lunch, dinner, an errand, please, please don't hesitate to call me. You are a kindred spirit and I want to be here for you all. Times like these we must and should take care of eachother. Take care, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah,
    The kids loved seeing you on monday. Sorry I couldn't make it, but Wendi and Brayden shard there crud with me. Brayden said you look wonderful! We so miss you and are praying every day for the lord to heal you completely. We love you very much.
    The Yim Family

    ReplyDelete