Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10th

15 comments:

  1. Sarah,even though your position has become available the children know that they have 2 teachers. You will ALWAYS be their teacher. I was so happy that Hana was able to stay because she is so caring and sensitive. She was worried that the new person that would have come in would not keep the connection between you and the children. She felt like she let the children down. I prayed about it and asked my prayer group to pray about it. On Tuesday God answered those prayers. He will answer our prayers for you as well. I can't imagine not working with you so I am waiting for you to return when you are ready. Don't worry I will be at MWE anxciously waiting for your return. We will be teaching together again, my heart tells me so. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you happy, sad, with it, or out of it, but it sure makes my day to see my "normal" Sarah today (if that's possible to put normal and Sarah in the same sentence!). I love you so much. I can't believe it's only 17 more days. Wow. I was thinking about another trip to Houston before the wedding but there's no time! It's only 2 weeks away! Craaaazy! Keep shining, sweet friend. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how good to hear your laugh and see your sweet smile again and a big hello to David and Eric!! It was good to see them! I am waiting for a show and tell of all your ceramic pieces! So many things to work thru on this hard journey. God is so refining you both to make you pure as gold. So wonderful to see how God is answering prayers and you have turned around considerably in this week. Continued prayers for you both and for a very special outpouring of his grace and love mercy for the wedding and honeymoon. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self, when your son that is potty training is asking for help from the bathroom, while watching your blog, hit pause. Poop in the tub is a 911 alert that should get immediate attention.

    Note to self, Sarah looks great and sounds great. Yes, you miss having her hysterical laugh resinate through the halls, but hey, we don't have halls anymore, so just remember for now. How could someone in treatment look so radiant?

    Note to self, the reason Sarah kept coming to mind all weekend was because she needed you. She needed you to think of her and thinking of her helps her. She doesn't always need to know. It just helps.

    Note to Sarah, you are a beautiful being. I miss your presence around the campus, but keep you close. Here when you need.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,

    I just wanted to let you know I am another member of your army and am praying for you continually. Thank you for sharing about your suffering so honestly. The Lord is using you in mighty ways.

    Kim "Langley" Merrick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Sarah...I wanted to write you again today, because for months I had been "shy" about writing to you on this site. I am not a shy person, but I guess because you don't know me, I was hesitant. Then after yesterday's blog, I decided I wasn't going to be shy about it anymore. :) I want you to know that your prayer warriors continue in full force, whether you are laughing or crying...(but, clearly all of us seeing you cry yesterday, suddenly turned a lot of us into "writers!" I think we were all typing through our own tears. One writer said that she had memorized Psalm 116 a while back, and I thought,"How cool! I want to memorize a Psalm! " She inspired me, so I decided on Psalm 117. I am happy to say, I just about have it down! :) I am glad you had a good time at ceramics and small group. Take care & God Bless!
    Have a Good Night, Sleep well and Sweet Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful blog today...so glad that you are in better spirits today...all is understood and know that we think of you often and pray for continued healing....both for you and Leita, or as we used to call her Pickle....both of you are such an inspiration and I hope God does wonderful things for you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Sarah,
    It's a joy to see your smile and to hear your sweet voice, I miss your physical presence and your boisterous laugh. I love knowing how things are with you, as you remain close to my heart as always.

    You continue to be an inspiration to me, you never disappoint. How one so young can be as wise is beyond me! I remember my amazement that first year getting to work alongside you, and realizing what a beautiful, loving, and talented teacher (and person) you are. You were meant to teach, and you were meant to inspire, as you continue to do even now in your hardship and struggle.

    Don't worry about being forgotten, it's not going to happen. The teachers and children miss you and love you. You ARE a part of us and always will be.

    Love you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah,

    I have been reading Streams in the Desert and came across this message and thought of you:

    The day ended with heavy showers, and the plants in my garden were beaten down by the pelting storm. I looked at one plant I had previously admired for its beauty and had loved for its delicate fragrance. After being exposed to the merciless storm, its flowers had drooped, all its petals were closed, and it appeared that its glory was gone. Yet the night passed, the sun shone again, and the morning brought strength to my favorite plant. The light looked at its flowers and the flowers looked at the light. There was contact and communion and the power passed into the flowers. They lifted their heads, opened their petals, regained their glory, and seemed more beautiful than before. I wondered how this took place -- these feeble flowers, coming into contact with something much stronger and gaining strength...Seek communion with Christ and yo will receive strength and the power to be victorious, for God has promised, "I will strengthen you" (Isa 41:10)"

    Shine Bright Firefly :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Sarah,
    Psalms 116 is a favorite of mine and I'm honored to be among your "army" of prayer warriors holding you close. Thanks for the specific verses to pray for you. Take confidence in the fact that your army is growing larger and stronger every day and we will not stop praying. Keep shining bright, dear Sarah, whether through tears or laughter. He shines, beautiful and bright, through you either way. Much love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Sarah,

    Is your soul buzzing with a feeling of being immensely loved and intensely supported? You are. Do you ever experience a feeling of wonder at the enormity of God's love - for you, and for all of us who love you and receive God's grace through you in so many ways? I do. As you make your way through this adventure, know that your army is massive, dedicated and unrelenting. We have your back! Be on the look out for an email that will evidence this.

    So wonderful to see you smile! A gift from God.

    Much love - Debra Harris

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is SUCH a blessing to hear your positive voice and to hear your honesty throughout the processing of difficult events.

    You challenge and bless me daily in your journey!

    And, I am so excited to hear that you are going to continue to teach! What a blessing!

    You are loved and prayed for my dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to you friend. I live so close and yet I have not seen you recently.
    Just know I am praying and loving on you over here and when I walk to get Astrid I always pray over your home. LOVE and PRAYERS. Cutest hat ever. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sarah
    So glad to see you more upbeat today and so glad that you have Eric and your Dad for company.

    You are in our thoughts and our prayers every day.

    Penny, Ray and Jack Hare, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah,
    You may not remember me--I am Lindsay Lewis (Jess) dad. Lindsay was a Longhorn and a proud ZETA sorority sister. I pray for you every day and will continue to do so till you win this battle. Your strength and faith in God is a testimony to all. God will continue to hold you in the palm of his hand. Keep strong in your beliefs.
    Rob Lewis

    ReplyDelete