Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9th

33 comments:

  1. Sarah. You don't know me - I came upon your blog through some friends... But my mom has brain cancer, and I know exactly how important the army is. So I just wanted to let you know I have been and will continue to be a soldier in your fight against cancer and I pray for your healing every day. Your faith in and love of God are phenomenal and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sarah - you are so strong to share your feelings with the world - your army - and such an inspiration of courage and faith to all of us. We pray for your comfort and that your healing can bring the restoration of "normalcy" that you so desire.

    Thank you for sharing your honest journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sarah: Here is another, "You don't know me" comments.:) My stepdaughter, Monica, is a friend of your sister. She asked us to pray for you when Brooke told her of your illness.I just finished my bible study and decided to check in on you since you said you had a long day yesterday. First, I want to thank you for your faithfulness to our Lord.You are such an inspiration to me and many others. As your name's meaning implies, you are a "Princess of multitudes". Multitudes of prayer warriors who have joined forces, in your army & God's army to pray for victory not only over cancer, but also over any feelings of despair while you await physical healing. We pray for Eric, your parents, your sister and all those who love you too.
    Thank you for taking time to let us know how you are doing so that we can pray specifically for things that are on your heart. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, What a relief that you look and sound like your old self. It was very scary to see you like that and our prayers for you and your family doubled and tripled. I agree with your friend-- it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy road for you. I still believe that God is using you to spread his message and that you still have lots to say! We will step up our prayers for you. The other day, Gray asked God to direct the chemo cells to the cancer cells and blow them up. Enjoy your weeks off!!! We love you so much,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    I have never met you... but I love you. Thank you for having the courage to share your story. You and your husband have our prayers from Tennessee. Let us know if there is anything else we can tangibly do to help.
    Praying and believing,
    Jessica and Jesse Strang (friends of Meagan Stilwell!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sweet Sarah:
    Thank you for sharing your feelings and your journey with us.We are waiting for your news every day.Our thoughts and prayers are for and with you always.
    We love you,
    Maria and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,

    How I love you and my heart cries out for the Lord to heal you, to bring life and health with Eric and family and teaching your students, for God to receive glory in this incredibly painful time. I join in asking Jesus to "Save your life" and bring the light of Christ to you! Laura, from Ecclesia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sarah
    Yes thank you for honestly sharing your feelings with us.We are definitely among your army and you, Eric and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Our prayer group at Church continues to pray for you and you are included on our alter prayer list every Sunday so you get an extra boost for the start of each new week then.

    We care so much about you even though we have never met and we will focus our prayers on the specific things not least normalcy that you have asked for today.

    Shine bright firefly, shine bright

    Love and prayers

    Penny, Ray and Jack Hare, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Sarah, I cried with you today. I earnestly pray one day soon we will all be crying tears of joy with you when God brings the miraculous healing so desired. Thank you for sharing your heart and tears. I think of you and Eric almost constantly. I love Psalm 116. Two summers ago I memorized it. I will be praying it for you. much love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Sarah, I hope that the prayers of the saints (your army) surround you and buoy you up. You show us what trust looks like when the days are hard and long. Your tears remind us that the fight is on and that the struggle is fierce. But Yahweh is a warrior! We will hope all things with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even through your tears, you keep shining. Your courage and honesty are amazing, and your strong spirit and faith will lead you through the darkness. I'll continue holding you in the light and paying for comfort and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I join with all of your warriors and will bathe you in prayer, particularly in Psalms. I will be pleading that God will heal your body, destroy the cancer, and save your life. I will also pray that you will be blessed with "normal", which you have taught me not to ever take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious friend,

    As I weep with you, I am boldly asking God for your life. I am asking him to fight this for you. I am begging him to destroy this demon within your body. It's so hard for me to remember that God is good in situations like your illness, but we must all remember that our God is GOOD and GRACIOUS God. Thank you for reminding me of that daily.

    I love you, sweet girl.

    HK

    ReplyDelete
  14. MWE had great news today! Miss Hong will still be your teacher and you can keep on shining bright in 3rd grade! Praise GOD!
    Love, Harrison and his mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, you are amazingly perfect and honest and wise. Look at the size of your army. Over 71,000 hits to your website. This is a fightin' army!

    Pulling for you along with many others,
    Jill Efrussy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah,

    Thank you for your words and your heart. I'm praying for you. Love you.

    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love you Sarah! I wish I was with you right now. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.
    Delia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah,
    When we watched your blog today, our hearts ached for you and for Eric. The Word tells us to weep with those who weep. We stand with you,Sarah before our Mighty God,pleading for your life. You have gone through some dark days and we pray God's light will break through this darkness of cancer.
    We love you verrrry much! And yes, you do "shine bright firefly, shine bright", even when days are difficult!
    Jean and Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Dear Sarah,
    I am crying with you, as we've done in the past when things were hard, or someone we cared for was hurting. This is not an easy life, and we've certainly been tested this past year. But I know from experience that there is meaning and purpose for our trials; I certainly don't understand, but feel that in time, we will receive clarity.
    This I do know without a doubt -- you are strong, wise, honest and a true warrior. Thank you for continuing to be a beacon for all of us in this difficult and often confusing world.

    I love you so very much and I am praying for your healing.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are just as beautiful & inspiring thursday when you posted as you are today & as you have always been.
    i pray that you & eric can look forward to a fresh start on your next wedding day - confident that you have conquered pain & certain that all of this is part of God's amazing plan for your life.
    we daily pray for healing & restoration in your body.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah,
    I weep with you tonight as I listen to your heart! I think about you constantly and pray that our Lord will heal your body of this terrible illness! You have touched my life as i know you have touched so many more! Praying God's healing hands heal your body and rid you of this awful disease! Hang in there! your friend in San Antonio! love, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Precious child of God....you cancer is terrified of us knowing the incredible strength we have as prayer army warriors prasing God for the glory He deserves as He stands at the front of His army. Let your body rest as we pray...let the cancer be deleted from your body...gain strength from our presence and prayers...and keep fighting like a girl!! God will allow you victory in this battle as you have already claimed victory for His glory and honor. Your honesty is beautiful and it takes great strength and courage to share from your heart. We love you!! Hug your mom and dad for me...they are such dear friends! Peace to all, Ricki Brady, San Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah you're such a sweetheart! You have soldiers in Omaha praying for you and Eric. We're here to share the joy and the tears with you, so thank you so much for your perseverance and your courageousness. We love you so much, and I can't wait to give you a giant hug very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah, we are pleading with the Lord for healing for you and we too want it to be His glory that is made known to all that have connected with you and your life.
    I had a friend that had a hard battle with cancer. He is alive today and looks younger than he did before. He often referred to his time in the fight as if he were on a bull that has been let out of the shoot. It is a scary ride.
    We love your heart for the Lord and your willingness to share your heart with us. We wish we could take this hard part away.
    We will be praying Psalm 116 with you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah, I'm another "new friend" through a friend of yours who shared a prayer request for you and your blog address with me today. I'd heard a bit of your journey over the past few months through her. I want you to know I'm joining the army of God in praying for you and your husband, your family, and your doctors.
    In Christ, our Healer, Refuge, and Strength,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  26. tears pour for you sarah, tears and prayers. know you are loved dearly and we pray for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Little Sarah, from another friend you do not know. We do weep with those who are weeping, and today's blog is compelling in your tenderness and honesty. And we pray down the blessings of Heaven and God's healing mercies upon you for the destruction of this disease process. You do shine brightly for the Kingdom!I continue to stand amazed....

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Howdy,
    In my Experiencing God study this week I was reminded of Jesus' words in John 11:4 and I'm claiming these words for your life.

    "JESUS said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified by it."

    i wept with you and pray for you! sweet dreams, daniel and cathie orozco, abilene, tx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Sarah,
    You don't know me, but I found your site after Chris Seay asked for prayers for you around the time of your marriage to Eric. My husband and I know Chris from Baylor. I have been praying for you and just this past Sunday, at our church (Covenant Pres. in Austin, TX), I noticed your name in the Prayer section in the bulletin. Someone at our church must know you, also. I thought you might want to know about that prayer request being out there for our congregation to pray for you.

    I just watched your video today and my heart was just breaking at the pain that you're in and I want you to know that I will commit to praying for you every day.It seems like you have a lot of family and friends around you, loving you and supporting you, but I thought it would be good to know that other people are, too.
    I hope that you enjoyed ceramics and were able to get your mind off of things for awhile. I am also going to ask my friends to pray for you, too. Here is something I keep on my refrigerator that I really love:
    Almighty God, Now are our hearts made glad and our tongues like the singing of birds because our trust is in you. In You this day will be held in strength and given in mercy. In You the ways of laughter shall be found. In You the victory will go to love. Blessed be your name forever and ever.
    Erin Young, Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete
  31. sarah, i am going to join the multitudes of people who have never met you but are so inspired and touched by your spirit and your faith. i hope you know that you have an entire team of people in argentina praying for you. we love you.

    claire, buenos aires, AR

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sarah, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I knew you at TWE before you were transfered to MWE. I heard about your illness from my mom. You are the sweetest and it breaks my heart that you're going through this. Your strength is amazing. You're definitely are an inspiration to us all. My thoughts and prayers are with you. xoxo

    Lindsay Barta

    ReplyDelete