Because when I started setting up a Caring Bridge site to keep people informed, I decided I didn't want to feel sick. Instead this is just a few thoughts about my life.
Well, I love the words from James that you read the other day. I think about you every morning when I'm doing my reading from the chronological bible. Right now I'm in Ezekiel and there's lots of gloom and doom, but I find that it's peppered with lots of hope as well. I read these phrases about cleansing and restoring and returning home and feel like God is speaking to me about you through words written down during what was such a hopeless time for His people. I know there are times when you feel hopeless but hopefully you'll continue to be 'peppered' or even smothered with positive, peaceful, hopeful feelings as well!! Hope is my personal theme for you. It's not as fun as 'shine bright firefly, shine bright' because you're so much more fun than me, but it's along the same lines. You truly are a bright spot in many people's lives!!
I always get so excited when I pop onto Google Reader and see that you have a new post :-) It gives me something to pray for you on that day, and girl, my prayers are abounding for you. Your hit counter has gone up by 2,000 since yesterday--you are an inspiration to literally THOUSANDS, sweet Sarah. I hope wig shopping went well today--you will have to show me next time I come over!
I have told you how I have been praying Ps. 91 for you. Today I was focusing on the verse that says he will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge.
When I looked up refuge it said haven, sanctuary, immunity. I have been so praying that God will so give you a picture of what that haven and sanctuary looks like for you and you can so go there when those tough times hit you. You have so inspired me to be bolder for my faith and walk a deeper walk with my GOd. Thank you for shining so bright. love you.
Today concludes the first week of school, and it was a long one. It was confusing, hot, chaotic, and wonderful. I know it is very difficult for you not to be there along with us. It is hard for us to not have you with us.
I have quite a few of your previous kiddos and they are just the sweeties you said they were. I know of a few special kids that are diligently praying for you daily.
Just to give you something else to think about....many of us, teachers, have sore feet from the metal walkways. Soon we will all be wearing nurses shoes I think. We are going to have to give up the hard sole shoes! BLISTERS and Sore Shins!!! Poor Holter. The AC units blow hot air on us when we walk by, and there is a loud hum of electricity outside from the units and chiller...but on the other hand the playground looks really fun. I want to secretly go out there and play on it. The cafeteria is nicely layed out and it is a quiet and pleasant duty. The rooms are very clean and fresh. No moldy smells. The bathrooms are great too! Nice stalls!
The best part- the kids. They don't seem to care about anything that I could think of complaining about. They always seem to adapt to anything, don't they? It is amazing. Like YOU, they keep me in check. It doesn't really matter where we are. It doesn't matter where your friends or family are. We are all in this together. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs. P.S. I think you should get a hot pink wig.
I just wanted to thank you for your daily inspiration. In addition to hearing your thoughts, I also enjoy reading the comments and encouragement from the many other people who, like me, find your faith and strength so inspiring. This is such a positive, bright space, and it daily reminds me of Phil 4:4... rejoice in the Lord always. Keep on shining :)
Dear Sarah-I thought it was so wonderful of you to talk about how important it is for you to shine bright especially when you are at MD Anderson. This just shows how special you are when you realize that you need to shine for others who are experiencing cancer and need the encouragement. You chose to remain positive and you continue to be a super teacher to all of us. I, too, enjoy listening to your videos and reading other thoughts from your followers. Sean and Ryan say a prayer for you every night and they send big hugs to you. Bless you-Elizabeth Daly
sarah, wow...a lot has happened since i saw you and eric on the domy book store steps however long ago that was. amy snow sent me your blog link 8/15...so that's when i learned about your cancer. jana marshall called tonight to fill me in with the spreading of your cancer cells...and related so much to the chronic pain you're experiencing. she said brooke knows about her back pain from over the years. but man i have to say, i am not surprised at the positive outpouring you're able to have. you've always been that kind of soul...but how incredibly encouraging it is to SEE the HOLY SPIRIT within you, SPILLING OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE. through your words, your smile, your tears and your face. this is sad for sure, you are so young, but you are handling this so well. i know there are down times, a lot but the positiveness you are sending out into the world, b/c of what you are being faced with is unmatchable and you are a jewel for handling this situation with ultimate faith in our savior, Jesus Christ! he will always be with you! my husband's mom was at MDA a couple years ago with melanoma...it was hard for sure. she passed away, but too kept such good faith in her Lord and Savior. i just had so many tears catching up with your video blogs but found so much joy knowing of your saving faith. God Bless you and keep 'shining bright' my mom and discovered Lilly's cookies and always gets them for our sweet neighbor kids there in SA for whatever occasion she can find an excuse for :) how was your wedding, btw?!
Sarah, You don't know me. I am a friend of Eric's Aunt Dawn and Uncle Jim in Nebraska. Our Sunday School class is praying for you. You really inspired me when you said your purpose has changed. It is now to heal and to heal others. I am blessed by your video blogs. It has made you real and not just words on a page. Thank you for blessing me and so many others through your difficult trial. Danni
Seriously, I like how your posts feel personal like we're just hanging out or talking about something. I know how you are in real life and its so beautiful to see so much of your authentic personality shining through.
excited to see what you post next! are you going to have a vote or surprise us with the wig selection?
Dear Sarah
ReplyDeleteSo lovely to hear how you you found your "phrase". You are truly inspirational and logging into your blog each day enriches us.
Shine bright firefly, shine bright.
God Bless you - we pray for you every day.
Love and prayers
Penny Hare and family, Brighton,England
Well, I love the words from James that you read the other day. I think about you every morning when I'm doing my reading from the chronological bible. Right now I'm in Ezekiel and there's lots of gloom and doom, but I find that it's peppered with lots of hope as well. I read these phrases about cleansing and restoring and returning home and feel like God is speaking to me about you through words written down during what was such a hopeless time for His people. I know there are times when you feel hopeless but hopefully you'll continue to be 'peppered' or even smothered with positive, peaceful, hopeful feelings as well!! Hope is my personal theme for you. It's not as fun as 'shine bright firefly, shine bright' because you're so much more fun than me, but it's along the same lines. You truly are a bright spot in many people's lives!!
ReplyDeleteI always get so excited when I pop onto Google Reader and see that you have a new post :-) It gives me something to pray for you on that day, and girl, my prayers are abounding for you. Your hit counter has gone up by 2,000 since yesterday--you are an inspiration to literally THOUSANDS, sweet Sarah. I hope wig shopping went well today--you will have to show me next time I come over!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, and shine bright.
Hannah Key
I have told you how I have been praying Ps. 91 for you. Today I was focusing on the verse that says he will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge.
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked up refuge it said haven, sanctuary, immunity. I have been so praying that God will so give you a picture of what that haven and sanctuary looks like for you and you can so go there when those tough times hit you. You have so inspired me to be bolder for my faith and walk a deeper walk with my GOd. Thank you for shining so bright. love you.
Today concludes the first week of school, and it was a long one. It was confusing, hot, chaotic, and wonderful. I know it is very difficult for you not to be there along with us. It is hard for us to not have you with us.
ReplyDeleteI have quite a few of your previous kiddos and they are just the sweeties you said they were.
I know of a few special kids that are diligently praying for you daily.
Just to give you something else to think about....many of us, teachers, have sore feet from the metal walkways. Soon we will all be wearing nurses shoes I think. We are going to have to give up the hard sole shoes! BLISTERS and Sore Shins!!! Poor Holter. The AC units blow hot air on us when we walk by, and there is a loud hum of electricity outside from the units and chiller...but on the other hand the playground looks really fun. I want to secretly go out there and play on it. The cafeteria is nicely layed out and it is a quiet and pleasant duty. The rooms are very clean and fresh. No moldy smells. The bathrooms are great too! Nice stalls!
The best part- the kids. They don't seem to care about anything that I could think of complaining about. They always seem to adapt to anything, don't they? It is amazing. Like YOU, they keep me in check. It doesn't really matter where we are. It doesn't matter where your friends or family are. We are all in this together. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs. P.S. I think you should get a hot pink wig.
Dear Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to thank you for your daily inspiration. In addition to hearing your thoughts, I also enjoy reading the comments and encouragement from the many other people who, like me, find your faith and strength so inspiring. This is such a positive, bright space, and it daily reminds me of Phil 4:4... rejoice in the Lord always. Keep on shining :)
Love and hugs,
Peyton
Thanks for sharing how you came up with your phrase. I have thought it was so cute since the first time I heard you say it.
ReplyDeleteDear Sarah-I thought it was so wonderful of you to talk about how important it is for you to shine bright especially when you are at MD Anderson. This just shows how special you are when you realize that you need to shine for others who are experiencing cancer and need the encouragement. You chose to remain positive and you continue to be a super teacher to all of us. I, too, enjoy listening to your videos and reading other thoughts from your followers. Sean and Ryan say a prayer for you every night and they send big hugs to you. Bless you-Elizabeth Daly
ReplyDeletesarah, wow...a lot has happened since i saw you and eric on the domy book store steps however long ago that was.
ReplyDeleteamy snow sent me your blog link 8/15...so that's when i learned about your cancer. jana marshall called tonight to fill me in with the spreading of your cancer cells...and related so much to the chronic pain you're experiencing. she said brooke knows about her back pain from over the years. but man i have to say, i am not surprised at the positive outpouring you're able to have. you've always been that kind of soul...but how incredibly encouraging it is to SEE the HOLY SPIRIT within you, SPILLING OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE. through your words, your smile, your tears and your face. this is sad for sure, you are so young, but you are handling this so well. i know there are down times, a lot but the positiveness you are sending out into the world, b/c of what you are being faced with is unmatchable and you are a jewel for handling this situation with ultimate faith in our savior, Jesus Christ! he will always be with you!
my husband's mom was at MDA a couple years ago with melanoma...it was hard for sure. she passed away, but too kept such good faith in her Lord and Savior. i just had so many tears catching up with your video blogs but found so much joy knowing of your saving faith.
God Bless you and keep 'shining bright' my mom and discovered Lilly's cookies and always gets them for our sweet neighbor kids there in SA for whatever occasion she can find an excuse for :)
how was your wedding, btw?!
Sarah, You don't know me. I am a friend of Eric's Aunt Dawn and Uncle Jim in Nebraska. Our Sunday School class is praying for you. You really inspired me when you said your purpose has changed. It is now to heal and to heal others. I am blessed by your video blogs. It has made you real and not just words on a page. Thank you for blessing me and so many others through your difficult trial.
ReplyDeleteDanni
Seriously, I like how your posts feel personal like we're just hanging out or talking about something. I know how you are in real life and its so beautiful to see so much of your authentic personality shining through.
ReplyDeleteexcited to see what you post next! are you going to have a vote or surprise us with the wig selection?