Monday, August 2, 2010

Results from Follow Up

I just finished up my appointments today.  My plastic surgeon, Dr. Adelman, is pleased with the healing but NOT pleased with me wearing sleeve-less shirts.  Yes, I had the divine luck of running past Dr. Adelman on Allen Parkway this past Saturday.  I knew the man with the Yale shirt looked very familiar.  I questioned, "Could this be Dr. Adelman taking a morning jog??"  Since he was out of his element, I was not sure.  I just ran and smiled. 

Well, today, he said, "Were you running on Saturday?"  My response, "Yes, I KNEW it was you!!"  He replied, "Well, I didn't recognize you in the sleeve-less shirt you were NOT supposed to be wearing."  "Dr. Adelman, I told you I wore sleeve-less shirts.  I told you.  I wear 60 spf sunscreen everyday."  Anyway, long story short, I left feeling like I wasn't really taking care of my scar.  But oh well, it's Houston and it's HOT!!!

My follow up with Dr. Lin was brief.  He is a man of few words with a direct point.  I really respect him.  My chest x-rays were clear and my MRI looked pretty good.  Since I just had surgery on my arm, the imaging looked intense but normal for post surgery.  However, Dr. Lin stated that he noticed a interesting shadow on the MRI that appeared under my arm/lung.  Since my chest x-ray was clear, he doesn't think it has to do with the lungs.  He however wants to be certain, so I will have a CT scan on Friday.  (I hate CT scans)

Oh well.  So I will keep carrying on. :o)  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I hate CT scans, too. But what I really hate is the wait after the scan until the dr calls with the results. I'm thinking about you thinking about that!

    ReplyDelete