Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Good and The Bad

Words cannot even begin to express how completely blessed Eric and I have been by all of you, my precious family and friends.

My wedding was PERFECT!  Yes, PERFECT!  I can't wait to blog about it.  (I promise later this week!!)

But today I call on you earnestly to devote yourself to prayer.  The season that I am in right now requires a miracle.  Today I found out more results.  My PET scan showed that the cancer has now spread to my bones -- evidenced in the hips and pelvic region.  My treatment will stay the same, but now I need a miracle for healing.  I truly believe Abba Father can move mountains.  I trust that my God in heaven will take care of me.  I know that this difficult journey has already brought tremendous glory to God.  I embrace this valley as I know my creator will be glorified.  I humbly ask that you would devote these next few months to diligently crying out to our God for a miracle and that I would continue to be a bright light during such a dire circumstance.

Shine bright firefly, shine bright.

45 comments:

  1. On Sunday, at your wedding, it felt like all of Ecclesia was on this journey with you. I pray that it will feel that way to you as you go forward into this next part. Thank you for sharing with us...as we read your words, we are reminded of what faith is and how it looks to cling to Him when the storms come. I am humbled and inspired. May we all live like this...to bring credit to the Master's Name. We are praying like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    First of all, congratulations to you and Eric!!!! You look absolutely stunning and glowing!

    And more importantly, I felt compelled to tell you that you are in Aaron's and my thoughts and prayers everyday. And our family's as well! We are truly inspired by your faith and the words you have been writing.

    With much love and prayer!

    Sarah Weinblatt and Aaron Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Sarah- I open my Bible daily to read the messages I need to hear. I find peace, strength and meaning. I opened it a few days ago upon hearing the first batch of news and immediately read this:


    "I will extend peace to her like a river."- Isaiah 66:12


    The next day my eyes immediately fell on this:

    "Be strong and courageous...The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.."
    - Deuteronomy 31:6

    Just wanted to share. It was powerful for me... love you always. -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following a blog of a girl I went to school with for 7 years. I thought I would share what she has been going through with you. Her courage and strength through words are inspiring.

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lindseyapostolo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah - you are in my thoughts and prayers hourly. i think you have the purest heart of anyone that i've ever know. tons of love and long distance hugs sent your way. today, tomorrow, & every day.
    - karyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,

    I am in a bible study with Amy Stephens and she told us about your blog. I am so glad she did! Thank you for reminding me that every day is a gift and God is there to watch over us at all times...and move mountains indeed. Praying for you here in Denver and thinking good thoughts for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miracles are made for spirits like yours. Experiences like yours are lessons for us all. Thank you for bringing us all closer together. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah,

    Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you! You have such an amazing spirit and I know God has a wonderful plan for you.

    Love,
    Jen Ayers Clifton

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying super, super, SUPER hard for you!!!

    Lots of love!
    Saba & Ben

    PS Congrats on getting married!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, the teachers all miss you so badly and it's difficult "carrying on" without you there.

    You're constantly in my heart and I love you dearly and hurting that you're under such strain and worry. We will continue to pray for your recovery.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I will be praying for a miracle. I will be recruiting some prayer warriors up here in Canada to be crying out to God on your behalf.

    Also, just wanted to say that from the few pictures I have seen - your wedding looked amazing! You and Eric look so happy. Glad it was a perfect wedding and looking forward to hearing more about it on the blog.

    Daryl from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, You know that God has a plan and He loves you. My bracelet reminds me to continually ask for healing for you. Have hope. Ask for help. We love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah,
    We are praying for you. Your words alone are a testament to God. I think of you every time I pass the old MWE building (which is like 12 times daily!) and congratulations on getting married!! :)
    Ellen Barrett (David's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Sarah,
    Remember it has to seem impossible to be a miracle. I'm praying continuously for your miracle!
    LOVE YOU!! Robye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Sarah,
    You are such an inspiration and a light in this world. I know that God is wrapping His loving arms around you to give you strength and courage as you
    continue this journey. You are surrounded by an incredible support system of love and prayer and I believe that you are a miracle waiting to happen. Much love... Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah,
    Everything about you is a miracle- your infectious laugh, your sweet disposition, your inner peace, your everyday grace, your deep and abiding faith. Now it is time for the healing miracle that will make you whole again, expressing your joy in all that you are.
    With much love and prayer,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sarah-We are thinking of you and praying for you as you make your way on this journey. Remember we are all here for you. Bless you-Love, Elizabeth, Bill, Sean and Ryan Daly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Sarah,
    I think about you nonstop. I have been recruiting as many people as I can to pray for you. You touch the lives of people who haven't even met you through your words here, and the words of others. I love you dearly. I also pray that your support group be what you need, when you need it. You are never alone. xoxo
    Love,
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah,
    "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7. Dearest Sarah, this scripture has been taped to my kitchen cabinet for 2 years now (ever since some sweet soul sent it to me in a card after I got my diagnosis). I ripped it down so I could copy it exactly correctly on your blog. It has been a refuge of peace and hope for me, and I hope it is helpful to you as well. I have been praying for you from the time I learned of your diagnosis last spring. These days scarcely a moment seems to pass that I am not thinking of you, praying for you, hoping for you. Please know how much you are loved, how much you are missed as we enter this new year at MWE (we look forward to your return!), and you should definitely know how much you are truly ADMIRED. Your strength, your grace and your spirit are genuinely inspirational. Remember - the odds are meaningless to God; He has a plan and His will will prevail! Our prayers will not cease! We love you! Debra, James, Richard, Jamie and Jillian Harris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Sarah, Please know that I and many other members of your dad's Lackland family pray for you daily. I pray for your continued perfect peace in our heavenly Father's arms and for your comfort and strength. Finally, I pray for moments of absolute joy and laughter with your husband and family and for your miraculous healing. You are my shero!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sarah,

    i have never seen more beauty in one person. you are beautiful and God is using you in so many ways. looking through your photos of you and eric makes me smile completely and cry at the same time. what a testament to what a marriage celebration is all about. i see it every weekend and i can say that i have NEVER been to a wedding like yours. i think all weddings should take place in less than 24 hours. :) i am praying praying praying for God to heal you fully. Love you.

    brooke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah, I sent you a message on FB but just in case you don't get it--Christi King and I were praying for you tonight and the Lord gave me HUGE peace as I was praying for you. Also I had the impression from the Lord (excuse the slang) that He had your back, not to worry. Then the passage in Exodus 14 came to mind and the image of the pillar of fire. If you get a chance to reread this passage I hope you do. But here's the verse I'll share "Fear not and stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will work for you today, for the Egyptians whom you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." It says that the pillar of fire moved behind them and stood behind them. God is standing behind you in this, your pillar of fire. He is the one standing between you and that which would destroy you. He is mighty to save and can make a way where there is none. We are with you in prayer.
    Love in Christ
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah,
    Congratulations on your wedding!! I'm so so happy for you and Eric. You are a beautiful couple :)
    I just learned of your cancer journey today and I wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and will be thinking about you often. You have always been the kindest person and you truly radiate light and joy to those around you.
    I work at MD Anderson (Internal Medicine) and you are truly in the very best place in the world for miracles and healing. I'd love to come visit you/keep you company some time during your treatment, if you're up for it. Please, please call me if I can help in anyway large or small ... 281-455-6122 or 713-792-1936 or sdpetrie@mdanderson.org
    My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Love, Sarah Petrie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just prayed for you! I will continue to pray for you! You are a beautiful person, and I commend you for being so strong! It's so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story. Sincerely, Jenna Cooper - (a girl in Los Angeles, originally from Portland). I LOVE Texas. My family is from there. My mom was raised in Corsicana :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Sarah,

    I had the privilege and honor of attending your wedding with one of your fellow Ecclesians, Jesse, who sent me the link to this blog too. I am so moved by your strength and faith and am praying for you daily. Thank you for blessing all of us.

    another Sarah in Christ,
    Sarah Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sarah,

    I just wanted to let you know that you are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. You are incredibly deserving of a miracle and I have all the faith in the world you'll get it. Thank you for sharing your story and thoughts with such candor. You are an inspiration to so many people.

    Praying for only positive news,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sarah

    Just to let you know I am Kimberley's step mom in law (the lady who made your wedding cup cakes), I've been followng you following the link in her recent blog.I just wanted to say that we are truly inspired by you and your faith. Both you and your new husband Eric are in our thoughts and our prayers. As prayer circles the world and truly can move mountains, I thought that you would like to know that your name will be added to our alter prayer list and that all of us here at our church in Brighton, England will be adding our voices to those already being offered up in prayer for you.

    I am glad you had a perfect wedding day.

    God Bless you

    Penny Hare Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah, I am also in Amy Stephens' Bible Study in Denver. Congratulations on your wedding! Please be assured that we are all crying out to God with prayers for you here in Denver. I know that God is walking with you through this very difficult time. I pray for your comfort, peace, and strength and for your recovery!

    Michelle Parker

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sarah -

    We share some mutual friends (which was how I arrived at your blog) - but wanted to let you know that over here in Memphis, we're praying for you too! Your spirit and unwavering faith are an inspiration. Stay strong, girl, He is a God of miracles!

    -Jackie-

    ReplyDelete
  30. sarah,

    i don't know you and i will probably never meet you, but i believe in you. i heard about your story from a friend of one of your friend's sisters (whew), and it seems that i am not the first person to come to your story through a long line of love. know that there are people praying for you because someone who knows someone whose sister knows someone (whose uncle heard it from the landlord...) cares about you very much. you are truly inspiring. stay strong.

    claire from boulder, co

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sarah -- I am praying diligently for you!

    Liz Burns

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sarah,

    It's probably been since high school that I have seen you (it's Kate Leslie ... now Edwards), but I wanted you to know that your AH friends are praying steadfastly for divine healing from our Faithful God! We send love and prayers your way.

    --Kate

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sarah,

    Matt and I are so saddened by this news. We are praying, praying, praying for you. Congratulations on your marriage; the pictures I saw were beautiful. Sending you our love from Dallas.

    Matt and Erica Smith

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah - Haven't spoken with you in a couple years, but have been in prayer for and with you and the community surrounding you for a miracle. You looked beautiful at your wedding - I loved seeing the pictures of true celebration amongst everyone there. Much love to you from me and your friends in the Woodlands.
    -Katie Rentfro

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sarah,
    I have seen so many miracles at MDA and I know you will be no exception. I wanted to share this special blog from my patient's mother. He was born with the most deadly brain tumor and started the most harsh chemo treatment at 2 yrs old!! The miracle came from a child-like faith (literally) :)


    "February 6, 2008 was the day our lives changed forever. I will never forget that day. Scott had to have his first MRI downtown at Memorial Herman. We were only home around 30 minutes when Scott’s pediatrician called with the bad news. I remember being very calm on the phone with him and asking questions. He gave us the options of hospitals and said he would call back with the information. As soon as the phone was off, I lost it. I could not get a coherent sentence out as I told Todd. I think it went something like “tumor…brain…oh my God! My Scottie..tumor…etc.” Scott was in bed sleeping off the sedation and all I could do was to sink into Todd and cry.
    Scott has endured two brain surgeries, multiple port-a-cath surgeries, infections, radiation, chemotherapy, blood and platelet transfusions, sticks with large needles, pokes in the ribs, MRIs, weak bones, steroids, physical and occupational therapy, and went from a normal functioning toddler to not being able to hold himself up within the span of one week. He is still trying to regain his ability to walk today. All of this would make an adult cower. NOT our Scottie! Through it all, he has maintained his smile. Everyone knows him for his enthusiastic “Hi!” He is such a sweet, happy child and truly one of God’s miracles. I am not sure we ever told you guys the original prognosis when we learned which tumor he had. Scott was only given 9 months to live. Guys that was 2 YEARS AGO!!!!! We said to ourselves that we would not believe it and we held onto hope that he could make it. To this date, he is still on his first treatment plan and has had no recurrences. He is even in school!

    And through it all, his big brother Josh has been there for him. Josh loves his brother soooo much! Before Scott even went to school, everyone knew about him. From the time Scott was born until now, Josh constantly boasts about his little brother. He even encourages him to use his right hand and incorporates things he has seen the therapists use with Scott while they play. Josh is a very brave, protective big brother.

    And then there is you, our support. Our family could not have faced this tough time without the prayers and messages of encouragement, cards and hugs, everything you guys have given us!!! Thank you so much for being there for Scott and our family!

    Scott’s recent MRI was clear if not improved a little. Josh had strep this past week and was out most of it. He is on antibiotics and so far, the rest of us are strep free. Scottie just finished another round of chemo. It is every 3 weeks now and he is tolerating it great! No significant dips in blood counts and he hasn’t needed a transfusion in a long time!"

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sarah, Even though I haven't seen you in so long, you are still the same sweet and gentle spirit, a bright light even in the darkest of times. I am thinking of and praying for you daily, along with my whole family.

    May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.

    Ellen Soper

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sarah,
    Your blog was passed on through the ZTA Memphis group. You are in my prayers.

    And CONGRATS!! on the wedding.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely praying for you and your family, along with my church group here in Arlington.

    Amberlee

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Sarah -

    Just wanted to you to know Nick and I are sending up our prayers for you to the ultimate healer. Congratulations on your wedding. We love you and will be praying for you and Eric every step of the way. We are encouraged and inspired by your choice to praise God throughout this journey!

    Love and hugs,

    Peyton & Nick Roberts
    Santa Rita, Guam

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sarah,
    I work with your Aunt Terri in San Antonio and heard about you through her and your Uncle Joe. Congratulations on your wedding, they said it was one of the most lovely and moving weddings they have ever attended. I've added your name to the prayer list at our church and wanted to let you know that we will all be praying for you, your husband, your family and friends that God will see you through this and give you all the comfort, strength and support you need. We truly can do ALL things through Him!
    God bless you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sarah,
    This is Jennifer Whiteley's mom writing you. You and Eric, and your family are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I will add you to our church choir prayer concern list. Prayer is powerful, and I know that God is with you and giving you amazing strength and support. Congratulations on your wedding!
    May God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hands through this journey,
    Joan Whiteley

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sweet Sarah,

    Know that our hearts and prayers are with you, your darling hubby, and your wonderful family. You are SO strong and you WILL get through this. Just stay the course, keep your hopes high, and know that you are in our God's hands. He loves you and will not forsake you. Don't forget that. It is amazing how strong the human body can be. You are in the right place there at MDA in Houston and they wil take great care of you. Hug your hubby and your family! This too shall pass!

    And congratulations on a beautiful wedding! You looked stunning and so happy! I know you and Eric will have a lifetime of happiness together!!

    Much Love and Prayers,
    Lisa (Barnett) Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sarah-

    It's been since high school since we have talked or seen each other (it's Paula Kita- now Bayles. We had art together almost every year- you were a million times more talented than me :) ) and I found your blog through a mutual friend. Whether you remember me or not, just take comfort in the fact that another person is praying for your healing and peace through this difficult time. Oh, and congrats on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love you, Sarah Chidgey! I will always remember the time your let me borrow a certain book that I couldn't put down, even during finals. I had to finish it. It was such an amazing book—everything I needed at that time in my life. And you were the giver of such a cherished memory of mine!

    You've touched my life in so many ways. You've made me into a believer. Being suite-mates does that I guess. ;) By you, I'm better.

    I will consume myself in prayers for you. I'm here for you and congrats to you and your new hubby!

    And I love you!

    xoxo,
    b

    ReplyDelete