In the midst of planning a wedding, one of things I opted out of was a wedding portrait. But guess what!? I received the most perfect bridal portrait I could have ever wanted. My MWE community blessed me with this gift. An amazing teacher Ashley Johnson created my portrait out of found objects and wrote a poem that goes with it. So today I share with you:
The Bridal Portrait
Something old, something new
Here's a little reminder of what we think of you . . .
A megaphone mouth for your loud infectious laugh
the Meadow Wood Cheerleader
You always rally the staff.
Your ideas are marked with questions so great,
Light bulb earrings to
represent this thought provoking trait.
Running shoes laced up tight
show your sporty way and your will to fight.
A pencil sharp nose, a writer just fine
Passing that love to kids down the line.
A cross on a necklace for faith so strong
we know without a doubt
teaching is where you belong.
Lastly a special ring that says, "I do"
Shine bright firefly, and happy wedding to you!
Something old, something new
Mrs. Hughes, we are so happy for you!


oh my gosh That had to make you cry, it did me. How very very sweet. It is obvious you are so loved!! Praying for better days with much less pain. love you. Can't wait to give you a great big hug!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!
ReplyDeleteSweet Sarah,
ReplyDeleteAshley hit it right on the nail. You are so wonderful and we miss you at MWE. Praying for you everyday.
Wow, what a perfect gift! I love the poem! Your fellow teachers are so talented and thoughtful. We continue to pray specifically for the bone pain and minimal side effects. Shine bright firefly, shine bright! :) love you, jess
ReplyDeleteAshley could not have created a better gift for you! I feel truly blessed to know you and want you to know that your words and devotionals are truly inspiring me each and every day! You are so loved Sarah and we ALL miss you dearly at MWE. However, you must know you are still TEACHING through your words. Thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteit's perfect!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best wedding portrait I have ever seen. It's perfect.
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteI didn't get a chance to sign your beautiful bridal portrait :) But, if I did, it would say:
You are such an inspiration to everyone you come in contact with. All of your students absolutely adore you and are happier having had you as a teacher. And, you have one of the greatest laughs EVER!!!
We miss you!!
Julie Emmons
Dear Sarah
ReplyDeleteHow amazing and how loved you are. continuing to pray for a reduction in your pain.
Penny Hare and family, Brighton, England
Sarah - You are the talented one, I just used your wonderful spirit and personality to guide me. I miss you not being across the hall. Rest and we all are praying.
ReplyDeletePerfect!
ReplyDelete