Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chemo Day 1

I am proud to say Chemo Day 1 is over ... well kind of (I have a chemo backpack administering medicine to me at home). 

Today I was blessed with a wonderful nurse named Marco.  And, yes, I replied "Polo" every time he announced that he was coming in the room.  It definitely helped lighten the mood.  Everything went fine today . . . smooth sailing.  I really haven't experienced bad side effects -- we have fervently been praying against them.   I am a little dizzy (even typing this) but it doesn't stop me. :o)

During treatment, I have my own room equipped with tv, dvd, and comfy bed.  The medicine is going into my catheter easily and without pain!  So praise God for no IVs! 

Eric and I are submersed in your prayers.  We feel them constantly.  Thank you for devoting yourself to prayer.  This morning Eric and I were reading a devotional from Streams in the Desert.  It is a book that Leita gave to me to read as we both encounter our illnesses.  The book has played an important part in starting off my days lately.  Eric reads aloud the devotional and we pray together.  I know that sometimes when people get married it is hard to find time to spend with God but I rejoice that because of our desperate circumstances we are humbly on our knees drawing closer to God.  I am so much stronger because of this journey than I would have been otherwise.  I know I am going to kick cancer's butt.  I know that glory will come to my almighty God.

Eric and I have been blessed by so many people.  I hope to blog about my PERFECT wedding tomorrow.

just some thoughts . . .

shine bright firefly, shine bright

14 comments:

  1. Love you dearly, Have been praying without ceasing. So prayed for a compassionate and kind nurse today. God is indeed present and answering prayers. Love Ps 91. Have been praying that last night and today for you. Love vs. 3 He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Praise God. Your light is shining bright my dear. love amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    You are definitely going to kick the cancer's butt all the way to finding the cause and cure for this one. Before long, you will be doing a commercial for MD Anderson!

    FYI: You look like a model with your haircut! Just beyond beautiful!!!

    Well, I know God is busy right now listening to all the prayers from Houston and around the world for you. You were such an amazing inspiration to Grif, as well to me, when you were his teacher and your inspiration has continued to grow within both of us. Right now, life has thrown an unexpected journey your way, but I know in the end it will make you and the rest of us, stronger and healthier, both physically and spiritually.

    We love you!
    Debbie & Griffin and the rest of the Green Gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    Our school's staff prayed over you this morning. My husband and I have been praying for you ever since we found on last week. Do you want to watch some DVDs while you're getting treatment? We have some funny TV series if you're interested. You inspire me.

    Sending lots of love,
    Teresa Pecinovsky & John Siemssen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    You don't know me but you are now on our church's prayer list, placed there by a teacher who worked for your aunt. I just want you to know that you are being prayed for, and all is in God's hands. He is the Great Physician, the Alpha and the Omega, and He is holding you in His hands. May He bless you and all who love you.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah-We continue to think of you and pray for you and your wonderful husband each day. I'm sure he knows that he is one lucky guy!! I pray that you will feel the peace and grace that just seems to shine from you. You are one amazing woman-bless you. Love, Elizabeth Daly and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking about you and praying for you. You are such an inspiration. Your comment about a lot of married people having a hard time finding time to spend with God is so true! I am so glad you can see the good in everything. Scott and I are trying to be better about finding time for God, and this post really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For she was saying to herself, "if only I touch His garment, I shall get well." But Jesus turning and seeing her said, "Daughter, take courage, your faith has made you well." Matthew 9:21-22

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot get the photos of your beautiful wedding day out of my mind. Please know that my heart is constantly open and expressing my desire for your complete healing to God. I believe.

    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so wonderful to hear your voice yesterday! I love you dearly and day 1 of chemo is over....yay! I hope today goes just as smoothly. I'm praying for you every waking moment. We received our "PRAY FOR SARAH" bracelets today and they are great! I'm sporting it 24/7! I'll send you one in the mail :). Love you sweet friend, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God that the first day went so well! You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I really think you should put a blog counter on here, because I think you would be amazed at how many people are obsessively checking this website out of love for you! Stay strong firefly, your light is shining around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome foundation to start your marriage in - prayer and time together with God. I am excited that you're new chapter together is completely soaked in being with God.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Sarah,
    I'm a friend, of a friend, of a friend - and will be praying for your miracle. I also had a cancer blog, two years ago and God has completely healed me! I KNOW His awesome power can do the same for you. I'm praying that this might be one of the worst and best things to happen in your life. God is so near to the sick, and I know you are feeling that now. There are many blessings in store, for He is Great in the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, meet the teacher day took place in the cafeteria today due to our "in progress campus". As I stood there watching the throngs of parents and kids, and there were a lot, I had this overwhelming feeling that all of these people-many you never met- were thinking of you. And they may not be praying in the classic sense, but the awareness of you and the love for you was abunant.

    I spoke with a Mom who didn't even know you, who was brought to tears as I told her how much your life is bringing our staff so close together. Our difficulties of battling the heat, noise, and being behind in our usual readiness, is all that more tolerable because you have enlightened us on the importance of living every experience.

    She said, "She is still teaching."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah,
    I'm not sure if you remember me, but I am from San Antonio and was a few years older than you in Zeta at UT. Our Zeta alum chapter in San Antonio got an e-mail from Lindsey Lewis Jess, so now there are many Zetas lifting you up in prayer.

    I've been reading your blog--Congratulations on your marriage! Your pictures are beautiful. I am a teacher also--I teach English at Churchill. I know it must be hard to not be starting the school year. Know that you are touching so many lives and turning so many eyes toward God--people you don't even know. You will be in my prayers.

    love,
    Amber Calle Warrington

    ReplyDelete