Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19th -- My Sister's 30th Birthday!

Today is an extra special day.  My sister is turning the big 3-0.  Yes, that is right, she is 30 years old!  Quite an accomplishment!  Brooke, Happy, Happy Birthday!  I LOVE YOU dearly!  And don't you worry, dear, you are still a spring chicken!  :o)

Another thing that is special about this day is that I went for my first walk!  Woohoo!  For those of you who know me quite well, I love walking and running.  With the recent diagnosis of the cancer being in the hip bone area, I was pretty crushed at the implications it would have on my physical ability.   My pain had been so severe I could barely get around.  Eric confessed to me today that he thought that we might never go on walks again because of my pain.  But today I sing LOUD praises for being pain free for about a week!  I sing even more praise for the ability to walk to a coffee shop just a few blocks away from our house.  The breeze in the air refreshed our bodies and souls on that walk.  Eric and I will conquer cancer one step at a time.  :o)

Shine Bright Firefly, Shine Bright

Just some thoughts . . .

13 comments:

  1. Praise GOD! I am so happy to hear how wonderful this Sunday is going so far! You and Eric are going to beat this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! I'm so thankful that you're pain free. And I'm grateful for small victories. I think we all take the small things for granted (like taking walks) until we are faced with life without them. Through you, God is reminding us that He is Lord of ALL things great and small and that, as you shared in one of your other blogs, EVERY good and perfect gift is from him... even the gift of taking a walk with your husband. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest lovely Sarah
    I m so glad you are having such a lovely day, as ever, you remind us of those things in life that are really important as opposed to the things we so often get caught up in and fret about which truly are not. These simple pleasures like a walk in the breeze with your husband are "god moments" - I love that phrase of yours.

    I am so glad you are pain free, we will all continue to pray for this for you and for on-going progress and healing. We were all talking about you at our church this morning and you were, as ever, mentioned in our collective prayers.

    Have a perfect day.

    Love and prayers

    Penny Hare and family,Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I sit here with tears in my eyes all I can do is say PRAISE GOD!!!! There is nothing more to say! Keep up the fight and hanging on to God as you have been so courageously doing! much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah sweet girl!!!!
    Love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sarah! We are thrilled to hear you've been free from your hip pain this week! We praise God with you for each step of improvement, even if it's baby steps.
    Please know prayers are being lifted up in Lincoln, of course from us several times a day and from many, many others. Just this morning, I gave your blog to another person at church who asked how you are doing.
    Your daily blog entries and videos have been inspirational to many people. God is using you in a big way!!!
    We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
    Much love to you and Eric,
    Dennis and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, YAY YAY YAY! Great news! Your post today is so positive - so glad that silly old pain is gone and that you went on a walk! Blessings to you. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear that the pain has eased. There was a little touch of Fall in the air in H-town, wasn't there?

    Glad you and Eric got to enjoy it together. I'm continuing to send powerful good thoughts your way. Love you so.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you will win - one step and one day at a time. Bruce (my husband)and I prayed for you on our walk early this morning (9/20). Keep the faith, sweet girl! Shine bright.
    Love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah,
    It made my day to read that you'd been able to take a walk and I'm so glad you're getting relief from the pain. I want to pass on birthday greetings to your sister, too. Your news was probably an extra "gift" for her special day!
    One of your mom's friends,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah,

    I am so glad you were able to enjoy a walk yesterday! I will keep praying that your pain stays away! You are looking beautiful and I am inspired by all your thoughts. Please give Brooke my belated birthday wishes! You and your family are in my family's thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs, Meriruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go baby go!!!! I too would have terrible trouble having to limit my physical activity. I'm not a good patient at all. I also have the same thoughts on the traditional giant wedding. I kept ours as simple as possible. I'm sure many people thought it was tacky, but we took care of what mattered.
    It's so wonderful to be able to see you and share your life, your perspective, and your God moments. Praise Him for each and every one of them! We've had a few of our own. We continue to pray for all the different ways to kill those cancer cells: melting, squashing, smashing, frying....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah.
    Dear, wonderful, lovley, amazing, angel...
    You are truely an angel, I feel that when I sit here on the other side of the world, in Malmö-Sweden. As you know I send reiki to you on a regular bases. You are really so connected with God. Your ideá to write a book of all the Godsigns, is a fantastic idéa.
    What I feel in you is pure love!!! Pure love, unconditional divene love, you ride on a big wave. You are an inspiration to us all, leads us to a worthy way of living, where the important things is what counts.
    You are absolutley right, life is a blessing, everyday is a gift.
    I love you.
    Znibban

    ReplyDelete