Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13th


Please pray for my left leg, especially my left foot.  The pain has come back.  Thank you so much.  :o)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! So happy that your blood counts are looking better and you did not have to have the transfusion. I will pray for you to be released from the pain and that your blood counts continue to improve.

    You are so right about going to church and your thoughts about being connected are true for everyone. With my fall travel schedule, I had not been going regularly, but now am back in the "swing."

    God has much to say to us all through community, worship, praise, prayer.

    Lots of love,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my National Lampoon's vacation ha ha ha I am reminded of so many laughing moments in that movie! What a great movie, makes me laugh right now! So I scooped snow drifts this week end:( So praying against the pain! So sorry it is coming back. Lifting you up to the Liberating King! much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, we prayed for you at the 5:30 service yesterday. So glad you see you restored today and really excited that your levels were up! Your body is amazing! Lifting you up for freedom from pain...peace and laughter, brandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Praise the Lord for no transfusions and answered prayer!

    Michael studied hard this weekend and I enjoyed not studying. :) We are headed to Texas for the holidays so I worked on packing us up before we head back home.

    The wind chill was 8 degrees this morning....TOO COLD!!! brrr.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also... one of our yearly traditions this time of year (that we adopted from other friends!) has become watching Love Actually and making homemade pizza. We enjoyed doing that last night. Such a sweet memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom heard on the radio about a family who makes a birthday cake for Jesus every year. It's a big to-do each year to bring it out and sing Happy Birthday. After hearing that, mom said, "Is it too late for me to start making a birthday cake for Jesus?" ... so I think this might be our new family tradition :) Seems like a good way to re-focus on what we're celebrating with all of our lights and cookies and parties!

    P.S. When I saw the beginning of your blog, I totally did a "go white cells, go platelets" dance for you. Big nerd. I know you're surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your levels are better and that you had a great day. It's such good news that you got to go to church and be in Christian community. You are still on our prayer list at our church in Austin (Covenant Presbyterian) and are being prayed for.
    The Christmas lights sounded amazing! I loved growing up in Houston, but never went to the Heights to see the lights.
    I'll be praying for your leg and foot pain to go away.
    Blessings to you,
    Erin Young in Austin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sweet Sarah!

    Thanks for continuing to keep us posted with everything in your world! I bet the lights things was awesome. I love Christmas lights and they do a big parade here, but I was too wimpy and it was cold that night so we didn't go. We (well, Adam) put some lights up at our house. We also got a cute small tree this weekend and I made some cookies for my teammates at school. I almost got away with milk and chocolate snowflake cookies for dinner last night until Adam realized I hadn't eaten anything else and made me a chicken sandwich. Being a "grown up" is pretty fun. Do you play dominoes? Adam taught me a fun/fast and easy domino game last night. I'll have to teach you over the phone next time we chit chat!!

    Thanks for the encouragement to do something for God this season. It's SO easy to get wrapped up in the schedules and plans of our own little lives. It's like that song (don't know the title or who sings it) but it has the line "in my own little world, population me" then after helping someone "population three"

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sarah
    So glad your platelet levels are up we're continuing to pray for you on this side of the pond.

    Love and prayers

    Penny,Ray and Jack Hare, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete