Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22nd - Results

Today I am praising God for the life I have this day.

We never know what the future holds.

It was not in God's timing today to heal me and rid my body of cancer.  In fact, we were met with news that requires Eric and I (really all of us) to put our complete trust and faith in the God of Peace.

Love you all,
s

shine bright firefly, remembering that there is darkness before the dawn

From Eric:
Our meeting with the oncologist today did not go so well.  We learned that the cancer has basically accelerated in almost all of the areas and there are several new spots in her liver, shoulder, spine, and near her gall bladder.  They are still starting chemo tomorrow and she will have it for the next four days.  She was supposed to have a two month break after, but that is no longer the plan.  They will likely do one more cycle with the same chemo drugs and then switch to two totally new ones.  It all depends on how her heart and other major organs are handling the chemo.  The fact of the matter is that this is a horrible horrible cancer and it's terrifying.  Yet, surprisingly I have more peace than one would expect, and right now I currently feel very moved to live this day knowing that Sarah is alive...  The hardest part is the pain because often it makes truly living impossible.  So I hope and pray for control of the pain so that we really can enjoy each new day.

19 comments:

  1. My heart is heavy for you both but light knowing that God is speaking and the Holy Spirit is pouring out his spirit of Peace upon you both. I KNOW that God is holding you both on this journey and all I can do is keep lifting you both up into his loving arms. Love you both so very much I pray the following for you,
    Ps. 94:18-19 I cried out"I am slipping! and your unfailing love, oh LORD supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah + Eric: The world has no explanation for abundant peace & abundant hope in those places they would call hopeless. Perhaps it is the greatest signpost of all. As you both know all too well, these results do not change our God: He is just as faithful and loving as he was yesterday. Our circumstances do not define His goodness; but rather His goodness defines our circumstances. Because of this, there is boundless hope. Praying expectantly with you in this darkness before the dawn, knowing He is near. Matt 9:22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for healing from head to toe, including healing of pain, and praising God for your and Eric's focus on the Lord. Your Christ centered view encourages us all. "Now to Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... glory!" (Eph. 3:20-21)
    With love and prayers by faith,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I am praying that God heals you of your cancer and frees you from your pain! I love you as if you were my sister and I don't even really know you - although you kind of are my sister, as God is our Father! Keep your eyes up, okay? You are not alone as you not only have Eric there and other family and friends, but also a countless number of angels in prayer all over the world whom you cannot physically see, but hopefully you can feel! Love,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah and Eric,
    My heart and mind send peaceful and loving prayers to both of you. Praying for your complete and utter healing, praying for all pain to cease, praying for bright and happy days for both of you, praying for your family members that hope fills their heart each day, praying for the nurses and doctors who care for you.
    Blessings love and peace to both of you. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that the God of Peace continues to pour out his Spirit on both of you. You are beloved. xoxo, Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sister Sarah,

    One of my beloved older sisters died of cancer a month ago after three years of treatment. In my last conversation with her over the phone, I told her a story by Molana Rumi, famous Muslim Sufi saint and author. Rumi wrote: There was a women whose children never used to survive. She had a large number of pregnancies; went through the birth process, but no child of hers survived. One day, after such an experience, she cried and prayed to Allah (Personal name of God Almighty), asking why she had to go through these pains without any fruit. She fell asleep and saw in her dream that she was in Paradise. She was shown a grand palace. A voice told her "This palace is for those who highly frequently offer their prayers to Allah with sincerity. God Almighty wants to give this palace to you. But...since you do not pray as much as required, you have been given these trials in this world, so you become eligible for this grand palace in Paradise."

    I believe my sister is enjoying her palace in Paradise. I pray to Allah that He may grant you Faith. Oh Allah, you created us, you created the disease, and only you can provide the cure. Only You know what is best for us. I pray to Allah The Merciful to remove your pain and give you cure so you can serve Him in this world.

    Syed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am praying, Sarah and Eric. Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah,
    I remember you as a little girl roamig the halls of Woodridge. I taught with your mom as she bragged on both of you. There was one particular day that your mom came to school really upset. I asked her what happen. She said can you believe that my girls were fighting over a gallon of milk. I laughed and laughed. From then on, I have always said to my students, it is not worth getting upset over a gallon of milk. I have thought of that day so many times. Your mother and I laughed and laughed later about that "milk" incident.
    So the saying not to get upset about split milk is true!
    Kathleen Proctor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I highly recommend John Kabat-Zinn's book: "Wherever you guy there you are" http://bit.ly/fPij7L in times like these. Feel for you two - Our lesson learned when dealing with my mothers Cancer was how each moment we shared together after she was diagnosed is now a pearl in a long string still cherished memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah and Eric, I am deeply sorry that your news was so hard. Praying, praying, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah and Eric, I'll continue to pray for relief from pain, for joy in each day and for wisdom for the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still praying for you! I'm so sorry the news was not what we'd all hoped, but I know the Lord is with you in this dark time. Praying for healing of your body and that the pain will cease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sarah and Eric,
    My prayer is that you experience joy and peace each and every day, that you remember that you are both precious children of God, that you feel Christ's presence walking with you side-by-side, that you remember each moment that so many, many people love you and are praying with you and for you, and that your light continue to shine.
    Hugs,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sarah and Eric,

    Happy first Christmas together as husband and wife! I'm so sad to hear the disappointing news and that you are in pain. The sounds of all our prayers must be thunderous in God's ears, and I know he hears every one of us. I pray that He is waiting for the perfect opportunity to show us just how powerful he is and that you, who remains so faithful, will give Him the chance to reveal His power to heal.

    I wish a Merry Christmas to you both and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Sarah and Eric -

    We are so saddened by Sarah's recent report and pray her pain subsides - TODAY. In this season of miracles, we wish you both a Christmas full of the wonder of Christ's birth and the miracles that surround this time of year. We Lambertons pray for you daily and trust that God has an incredible plan for Sarah that matches her spirit :)

    Sarah, we love you.

    Meredith and Mason Lamberton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Sarah and Eric
    So sorry that the news was not what we had all hoped for. We are continuing to pray for you hard on this side of the Atlantic and may the peace and love of god give you healing and peace through Christmas and always.

    We will ensure that prayers are offered up at our midnight Christmas Eve Service tonight and on Christmas morning. Our regular prayers during the service will continue as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you guys. Praying...and trusting the Spirit to insert words that I don't have for you both. In Hope, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, You are in Linda's and my prayers for strength and relief. Love to you Sarah.
    Lee and Linda Adami

    ReplyDelete