Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chemo Day 4

Today was a little harder than the other days.  My mind is not as quick as it has been.  The word I am using to describe myself is "slow".  Conversations are harder because processing words has been difficult.  I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. 

Tomorrow I get rid of my backpack of chemo and mesna! 

I started this at 7:36 and now it is 8:08.  I am going to sign off for now.  I think I will try a video blog tomorrow.  (unedited --- get excited!)

Love you all!

PS  My students starts school tomorrow.  They are going to get a  card from Eric and I about new beginnings.  I know that they are in good hands.  :o)

12 comments:

  1. Sarah, you also went to church. Then you went to Walgreen's to pick up the pictures. Anyone would be a little slow after a day like that.
    Love you and shine bright!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Round one is finished. You are so strong Sarah! Hope you rest peacefully tonight. We continue to pray without ceasing.
    love you dear friend, jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah,
    know that our prayers and hearts are with you and eric. even though we have not met him, he is a lucky guy.
    hang in there.
    love ya,

    steve and beverly cragg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I know I am one of many that are part of the MWE community praying for you daily. Not only that but we also have had a group of moms (we call ourselves Moms In Touch) that have been meeting weekly to pray for the school for three years. We have seen many personal seemingly impossible requests brought before the Lord with answers of healing and restoration. We are in this battle with you. We are pleeding for a miracle. Thank you for giving us this blog to walk with you in this. We love you and miss you already. Linda Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my dear Sarah. I'm thinking of you this evening, as I often do upon waking and then before going to bed. That's when things are calm and I can think -- about the blessing of having you in my life. You are very precious to me and to many others; I miss you terribly and the first day of school tomorrow won't be the same without your beautiful face. I know you'll be there in spirit. Stay strong and keep that light shining honey.
    Love you. XXOOXXOOXXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, if you are open to it, I can take you to see an awesome acupuncturist. Helped my grandmother a ton when she was going through her treatment. Love you and praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fatigue plays a huge factor in our thought processes and fatigue is part of chemo. Give yourself leeway and try not to get frustrated. Praying so very very hard for you my dear.love you lots. I have been praying from Ps. 33 and 91 for you and Eric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sarah

    Just to let you know that as well as placing your details on our alter prayer list I had the opportunity to mention you and Eric atour service yesterday morning. You are in our prayers and will continue to be so.We are going to mention you in our newsletter too so even more people will be praying for you.

    You remain in our thoughts and prayers - God Bless you.

    Penny Hare and Family, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't know me, but I'm praying for you from Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah,
    I, too, have been praying daily for you from Psalm 91. Our A.C.T.S. warriors (over 500 members strong) are praying for you as well.
    Every morning I devote the Divine Mercy Chaplet to you and Eric and your mom and dad. I will continue to ask Our Lord and Savior for complete healing of you because ALL things are possible with God.
    love,
    Michelle Dugie

    ps. I will continue to look after your mom at work. I love her so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, You probably don't remember me, but I met you at Kayla's wedding. I'm a friend of Mary's. I just wanted you & Eric to know my prayers are going out to you both and your families. I will continue to send my support your way.
    Concerned For You,
    jeannine Noblin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah,
    Your kids LOVED their picture and really missed you today. Hana had a good day with them with lots of talk about Miss Chidgey. When I talked with them this morning to tell them you were now Mrs. Hughes, Olivia decided they like to say the words Miss Chidgey so they just make call you that anyway!!! They were precious. We missed you today but know that you are at home fighting that cancer. YEAH..treatment cycle one DONE!

    ReplyDelete