Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th

Ready for normalcy. . .

I failed to mention in last entry that I was admitted to MDACC during my outpatient chemotherapy.  I have been in the hospital for the past few days.  Today I was scheduled to go home.  This morning they found that my hemoglobin levels were low so I now need a blood transfusion (basically another 8 hours of the hospital).  The good news is that I will still make it out tonight.

Eric suggested we set up some of our Christmas decorations tonight.  Hopefully that will lift my spirits and mood for a beautiful season -- Christmas.

Shine bright, firefly, shine

Just some thoughts . . .

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get home tonight and at a decent hour. I know you, and I hope throwing yourself into the Christmas spirit by decorating is distraction enough. I'm in Dallas, but just a call or email away always. Your prayers are written on my heart.

    I love you and am touched and inspired by you every day.

    leita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are still there, but glad you will be out soon! I agree, Christmas decor will definitely lift your mood!! We are setting ours up tonight as well, so I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sarah
    We also hope you make it out for tonight and enjoy putting the decorations up and really do hope it lifts your spirits.Like the previous post we're putting our decorations up tonight (uk time)too. Both you and Eric are in our thoughts.

    Love and prayers

    Penny, ray and Jack Hare, Brighton, England

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for a quick transfusion and an enjoyable time spent with Eric.....celebrating Christ's birth...by decorating and enjoying the music

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer but the transfusion should make you perky and energetic to trim that tree! have fun. continued prayers!! much love

    ReplyDelete